Organisational Development Business Partner - [Archived Advertisement]
Wollongong City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Organisational Development Business Partner
Full Time | Limited Term (Parental Leave Coverage)
Salary from $85,388 up to $100,583 per annum plus superannuation
(Salary will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No 20149
Are you a passionate professional looking for an opportunity to drive and influence change, and make a positive impact across a large organisation?
We are currently seeking an Organisational Development/ HR Business Partner with a variety of generalist people and culture experience to partner with the organisation to provide proactive people strategies and services. The role will support a customer portfolio in areas such as people management, workforce planning, change, performance management, recruitment and retention, employee relations and policy advice.
To be successful in the role, you will have demonstrated experience in a business partnering role, with high level interpersonal, communication, influencing, coaching and conflict resolution skills. In addition, you will have proven experience in maintaining strong working relationships with leaders, employees and Union representatives.
This opportunity is to cover a period of parental leave of up to 15 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and operational requirements.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply
Wollongong City Council uses a merit based recruitment process. It is essential to respond to each of the selection criteria, writing at least one to two paragraphs using specific and actual examples of how you have demonstrated the particular skill, qualification or experience. Provide relevant examples from your work, study or community roles. Be clear and to the point. Please use actual examples of what you have done, how well you did it, what you achieved, and how it relates to the requirements of the job. Applications that do not answer all the criteria will not be considered. Your CV alone will not be enough information for your application to be assessed. Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
A copy of our Selection Criteria Template can be found HERE.
- Tertiary qualifications in Organisation Development, Human Resources, Organisation Psychology or related field.
- Substantial generalist experience in partnering with clients to understand their needs, provide strategic advice and appropriate solutions in the areas of people, culture or organisational development.
- Demonstrated experience driving and delivering workforce planning, change management and organisational development initiatives across a diverse portfolio.
- Proven experience in supporting and coaching leaders on various people and culture initiatives designed to improve organisational performance and effectiveness.
- Well-developed interpersonal, facilitation, influencing, negotiation, networking and relationship management skills with a range of stakeholders to achieve organisational outcomes
- Understanding and experience in the implementation of relevant legislation, policies and procedures relating to people.
For further information regarding this position contact Leila Hogan, Manager Organisational Development on (02) 4227 7155.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 12 midday Monday 2 November 2020
Potential Interview Period: 9th – 13th November 2020
Anticipated Start Date: Week of 21st December 2020
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Nov 2020
- NSW - Wollongong
- $85,388 up to $100,583 per annum plus super
- Work Type:
Consulting & Generalist
People and Culture
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 4