Wellbeing and Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Group Homes Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Wellbeing and Safety Officer
GHA is an innovative model of care for residents living beyond a dementia diagnosis. We enable residents to live with dignity and a sense of purpose. We help both our residents and clients to flourish by keeping them part of their local communities and engaging with them in purposeful and meaningful ways. It is a truly unique, wonderful and exciting environment in which to work.
About the Role
As a member of our growing team you will manage our wellbeing and WHS programs for our growing team in each group home and our Support Office. Responsibilities include:
- Providing subject matter expertise across the company
- Managing the reporting of injuries, insurance claims and return to work programs for all team members (approx. 150) with sensitivity, care and confidentiality.
- Ensuring relevant health and safety legislative obligations and responsibilities are implemented and maintained across the organisation.
- Developing, maintaining and implementing health and safety initiatives and programs consistent with culture and growth strategy
- Maintaining a health and safety reporting system to initiate and monitor workplace inspection activities and health and safety audits on a regular basis.
- Implementing and manage risk management strategies and hazard identification.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Work Health & Safety or relevant field.
- Current NSW driver's license
- Minimum 3 years plus safety experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Work Health and Safety practices and processes
- Solid legislative and technical knowledge in health and safety and NSW Workers Compensation
- The ability to influence people at all levels to improve health and safety outcomes and organisational culture
- Ability to act with discretion and treat confidential information appropriately
This is a part-time opportunity and is located at Support Office in Crows Nest. Flexible working arrangements available in terms of hours, working from home and other preferences you may have.
About our Culture?
- Genuine opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people living with dementia
- A warm team environment where everyone has a can-do approach
- Caring, honest and authentic team
- Free meals provided to all team members and a weekly office social
- Optional Personal Training twice a week for all team members
- Flexible working arrangements
How to apply
After reviewing the selection criteria please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We require the preferred applicant to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check prior to employment.
- NSW - Crows Nest
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Return to Work/Injury Management