Workplace Health Safety and Injury Management Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
RSPCA Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Workplace Health Safety and Injury Management Advisor
Reporting to the Executive Manager: People Services, The Workplace Health Safety & Injury Management Advisor (WHSIMA) role is responsible for reviewing, establishing, and maintaining best safety practice at all RSPCA Qld sites to ensure our employees, volunteers and visitors are provided with a safe environment.
To meet this responsibility, the WHSIMA will need to be proficient in all related areas of work health and safety, managing workplace injuries and return to work coordination.
Key responsibilities include:
- To facilitate the development of a culture that is focused on manager-led safety,
- Assist in the review and implementation of the Safety Management System,
- Provide expert safety technical advice, guidance and support to management and supervisors at RSPCA sites,
- Participate in or champion WHS projects, with application across all Qld sites,
- Maintain systems to ensure effective hazard identification, near miss and incident reporting, including compiling data and coordinating the allocation of corrective actions,
- Assist in the implementation of the WHS Strategy and ensure WHS outcomes are achieved,
- Conduct incident trend analysis, identify common trends and develop strategies to change,
- Manage the return to work and injury management process for the organisation,
- Completion of lead indicators and team tracking to contribute to and influence change and enhance WHS culture.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience in a similar safety role,
- Tertiary qualifications relating to Workplace Health and Safety,
- RTW or IM qualifications,
- Fire safety Officer qualification is highly desirable,
- Strong skills in hazard identification, risk management and incident investigation,
- Proven experience in risk assessments, safety audits, safety investigations,
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in Injury Management or a related area.
You will be part of an organisation which is:
- Energised by an incredible purpose and passion to achieve the best outcomes for animals everywhere,
- An environment that will help you thrive, grow and be a better you,
- Exceptional talent, teamwork and teams are the most important thing to us.
This is a Full Time position with the potential to be flexible and suit your schedule, while you enhance the safety culture at RSPCA Qld. Flexibility to work 3 – 5 days each week, with the possibility of a flexible working roster.
How to apply:
Please click the apply now button
- QLD - Wacol
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Return to Work/Injury Management
Safety and Wellbeing