People & Culture Manager
Tasracing Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
People & Culture Manager
Tasracing is the principal racing authority in Tasmania, responsible for providing the strategic direction and funding to the three codes of racing across the state - thoroughbred, harness and greyhound.
Tasracing have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and innovative People & Culture Manager to join our Senior Leadership Team. This role plays an integral role in preventing, addressing and remedying significant organisational issues across the state.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and based in Glenorchy, Hobart, the People & Culture Manager will be responsible for driving and delivering on all People & Culture related projects and strategic initiatives to support a 200-strong workforce across the State.
As a stand-alone HR position, the role is responsible for all People related operational activities, as well as the deliverance of all HR strategic initiatives.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Full HR lifecycle management, including the facilitation of all recruitment, new starter onboarding and induction, performance management, and termination activities.
- ER/IR advice to all business units across numerous awards, employment agreements and a Tasracing Enterprise Agreement.
- Active participation and contribution to Senior Leadership Team meetings and cross-functional projects.
- Development and maintenance of all HR data and procedures.
- Overseeing Workers Compensation claims management, return to work initiatives to optimise return to work outcomes.
- Coordination of all internal and external training programs for employees across the State.
- Deliverance of internal Wellbeing programs to promote mental wellbeing, health and psychological safety.
- Development and review of all HR related policies and procedures.
- Management representative of the HR & Remuneration Board Committee and Nominations Board Committee.
- Effective management of the HR budget as Budget Centre Manager.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Bachelor or Masters level degree in Human Resource Management or similar.
- Demonstrable record of achievement in management at a senior level in a commercial organisation.
- Demonstrated successful experience in developing, reviewing and implementing HR strategies, frameworks, policies and procedures to meet operational and strategic People related objectives.
- Mediation and facilitation experience preferred.
- A proactive and innovative approach to contemporary HR.
- Experience working autonomously in a strategic and operational position.
- Professional level financial acumen with the ability to interpret financial principles and implement budgeting and reporting requirements.
- Understanding the framework in which the racing industry operates, including familiarity with compliance, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong understanding and proven adherence to the Fair Work Act, National Employment Standards, and able to succinctly understand various Awards and Enterprise Agreements.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills including the ability to prepare clear and concise Board level reports, and provide feedback to the Executive team and other key stakeholders as required.
- Contemporary knowledge of the Workplace Health & Safety Act and Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988.
- First Aid and Mental Health First Aid qualifications desirable.
- Hold a Class (C) Driver's licence.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about what flexibility means to you.
Occasional travel across the State of Tasmania will be necessary to undertake the duties of this role in order to provide HR support to our regional teams.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic and agile thinker to join Tasracing's Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a remuneration package based on skills and experience.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please apply by submitting your current CV, a brief cover letter responding to the Key Selection Criteria and contact details for two referees via Seek. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Applications close 9:00am Wednesday 27th January 2021.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Ann Swain, General Counsel & Company Secretary on 0428 921 501
- Closing Date:
- 27 Jan 2021
- TAS - Hobart
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Industrial & Employee Relations
People and Culture
Safety and Wellbeing