Work Health & Safety Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Vinnies WA (View other jobs from this organisation)
Work Health & Safety Coordinator
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Western Australia has sought to create a more just and compassionate society by responding directly to needs identified in the community through local parish based volunteer groups since 1865. The St Vincent de Paul Society provides essential services and a helping hand to many West Australians through food assistance, material aid, budget advice, shelter, advocacy, friendship and support.
Our services and workplace is diverse – meaning that from a safety point of view there is no one size fits all solution. As our organisation grows from strength to strength, so does our commitment to ensure the safety and well-being of all our staff who work across various industries and sectors. We are seeking a passionate safety champion to join our Business Services team and provide effective safety advice and assistance to support the delivery of our essential services.
To find out more about us, please visit www.vinnieswa.org.au
- Part time,0.6 FTE (3 days per week)
- Reporting to the Manager, People and Performance you will take the lead role in WHS and help establish a strong positive workplace safety culture.
The WHS Coordinator provides subject expertise to the WHS Committee and actively drives the successful delivery of Vinnies WHS strategy and ongoing development, compliance and coordination of our health and safety systems and processes. Your day to day will include:
- being responsible for compliance and risk management – including internal/externa WHS Audits and training;
- coordinating the development and review of WHS policy and procedures;
- working closely with service leaders to develop program/site specific WHS plans; acting as the central point of contact for all WHS related issues.
We believe this to be a ‘hands-on’ position; as this is a newly created role, the successful incumbent will also be able to help guide the direction in which the WHS function progresses.
Your Experience & Attributes
To succeed in this role and within Vinnies WA, you must be driven by service excellence and a sense of working for the greater good. You take a ‘hands-on’ approach to work, with a strong focus on continuous process improvement. Our expectations are that you have:
- Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety; significant experience in a similar safety/WHS role with multiple work sites and a diverse workforce.
- Comprehensive, expert knowledge of WHS Act, regulations and code of practice.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and taking an innovative and practical approach to problem solving
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lead and influence stakeholders whilst building effective relationships
Working with Us and Application Process
As a values driven organisation, we are focused on providing to our staff a highly supportive work environment where you are rewarded for your expertise, experience and commitment.
In addition to a competitive salary, as a not for profit, Vinnies WA are able to offer our employees full salary packaging benefits. More than this, we offer you the chance to be part of an organisation that makes a positive difference in the lives of vulnerable West Australians.
To apply, please submit your application via SEEK (hit “apply now” below). Your application must consist of:
- Complete CV with details of 2 professional referees
- Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivation for applying (limited to 2 pages)
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed; these will include evidencing your qualifications and your right to work in Australia, reference checking and a national criminal history check. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed as received. No recruitment agencies please.
- WA - Canning Vale
- Work Type:
- Part Time