Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
The Regional People team is responsible for leading and effectively managing the implementation of people and culture policies, procedures and strategy for Queensland Rail’s Regional business. They work to ensure a collaborative approach with the wider People and Culture community to enable the achievement of Queensland Rail’s people-related goals and objectives.
Our Regional People team are looking for an experienced People Business Partner to join them on a permanent full-time basis. Based in our Brisbane office, you will be joining a high performing team who embrace an embedded partnership operating model. Our Regional People team pride themselves on their ability to work collaboratively and autonomously with senior leaders to effectively manage and support their people.
How you will help:
- Provide specialist advice, support and coaching to Queensland Rail senior and line managers on Human Resource Management (HRM) to enable best practice to maximise employee performance to achieve business outcomes.
- Support the implementation of people projects for the client function to ensure the best outcomes and impact on the business.
- Influence, coach and provide expert advice to Managers on complex people and change issues to build HR capability within the client function.
- Use data and people measurements to analyse and shape PeopleStrategy.
- Act as a liaison between the line function and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the HR function to broker the most appropriate solutions to people issues within the client function.
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of emerging trends and developments relating to HRM and Industrial Relations and contribute this to Queensland Rail management.
This role will see you working autonomously within your own business area as well as providing support to greater people business strategies and other HR Partners. To be successful in this role you will need knowledge of contemporary HR practices and the ability to apply these within the business. You will also be a confident communicator, comfortable with consulting a wide variety of stakeholders including senior leadership. Previous experience applying employee relations legislation and implementing people strategies will be highly valued.
This position is based full time in our Brisbane office, some travel may be required. The salary for this role begins at $110,328.25 + Superannuation.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to People Business Partner (1141) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm Tuesday the 6th of July 2021.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact [[recruiterName]] with your specific enquiry on 1800 115 000 or email email@example.com. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.