Human Resources Business Partner - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Business Partner
- Attractive Salary, Super + Benefits
- Join an ambitious team and support a range of people process
- Ongoing full-time with monthly RDO
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our people and community are the heart of all that we do and ensuring that our staff are engaged, motivated and managed in a positive and supportive workplace is a high priority to us. We are seeking a highly talented HR Business Partner to coach, advise and support our people leaders on complex and often sensitive people matters.
This hands-on role will see you utilising every aspect of your HR experience and building strong stakeholder relationships throughout your dedicated client groups. Your ability to coach and develop employees at all levels and build leadership capabilities will support your success in this fast-paced role. Additionally, you will have strong ER/IR exposure with a passion for working with people and supporting teams operationally and strategically.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Proven generalist HR experience gained in a similar role within a complex operating environment
- Relevant tertiary or post graduate qualification in HR or related discipline
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills across an organisation in all aspects of HR operations
- Experience in managing complex industrial and employee relations issues (i.e. grievances, disciplinary matters, FWC claims, EEO issues, enterprise bargaining)
- Demonstrated ability to develop a customer centric approach and partner with all levels of management and staff to coach and support in relation to HR service provision
- Sound knowledge of applicable legislation, human resources policies and procedures and recruitment procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which facilitate interation, cooperation, trust and mutual learning with colleagues and stakeholder.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Travis Palin on 9240 2291.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 16 May 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 16 May 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- Attractive Salary, Super + Benefits +Monthly RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring
Consulting & Generalist
Industrial & Employee Relations