Health, Safety and Environment Director - [Archived Advertisement]
Health, Safety and Environment Director
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, Australia and part of the Australia Region Leadership Team for Vail Resorts, this new role will be responsible for leading the Health, Safety and Environment teams at Perisher, Hotham and Falls Creek.
The role will provide strong and energetic leadership for HSE team in the development and implementation of management systems to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with regulatory and strategic directions by developing, implementing and reviewing policy, procedures and projects and ensuring consistency with standards for safety and environment management.
The role is based in Perisher Valley, located in the heart of the beautiful Snowy Mountains, just a two-hour drive from Canberra and the Far South Coast. Perisher, Hotham and Falls Creek are part of Vail Resorts, the leading mountain resort operator in the world, with 37 ski resorts in the USA, Canada and Australia including iconic resorts such as Vail, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb, Breckenridge and Park City.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a senior HSE / risk management leadership role
- Strong technical knowledge of HSE and risk management principles and the ability to impart this to team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of health, safety and environment law in NSW and Victoria.
- Comprehensive HSE management system development and implementation experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, staff and regulators
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, develop and supervise staff
- High level of computer literacy.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have a demonstrated passion for leading teams to achieve improvement of HSE outcomes. Tertiary qualifications in an HSE or Risk Management discipline is essential. A background in the snow or tourism industries would be valued as would being a skier or snowboarder.
Remuneration will be negotiated commensurate with qualifications, experience, skills and abilities. Additional to the remuneration package, exceptional employee benefits will apply. Possible tax benefits resulting from living in a remote area may apply and we can assist in sourcing local accommodation, should the successful applicant require.
Applications close 18th April 2021.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Apr 2021
- NSW - Perisher Valley
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring