Here at Linfox we believe together, anything is possible. Use sophisticated technology to deliver everyday essentials and natural resources for Australia’s biggest companies. Work with major customers in retail, healthcare, government and defence. Shape the future of logistics with industry leading innovations in safety, sustainability and efficiency. Create a career to be proud of. Expect all this and more when you join Linfox.
What does the job look like?
The National Safety Manager is responsible for the safety and compliance strategy for the Consumer and Healthcare Group Business Unit. This role is pivotal in delivering projects to improve the BUs safety and compliance, educating, and assisting operational stakeholders to manage incidents in line with their legislative accountabilities, and manage the Consumer and Healthcare Group Safety and Compliance team. Key areas:
- Design and implement an annual Safety and Compliance strategy across the BU to deliver meaningful positive impacts on core safety and compliance metrics
- Coach and mentor personnel in safety, compliance, and other legislative accountabilities
- Analyse information to identify areas for safety and compliance improvement and design focused programs to drive improvement
- Lead the C&HG safety and compliance team to work with our operations to achieve collaborative improvements in safety, compliance, and safety leadership
- Conduct governance activities such as auditing and reporting performance to WHS standards
- Ensure incidents are thoroughly investigated to establish route cause and contributing factors and recommend corrective and preventative actions
- Assist leadership to set safety and compliance objectives and targets
- Engage with customers and provide information on the Business Unit’s safety and compliance activities
Are you the one?
You will work in partnership with senior leaders, shaping and enabling the safety vision across a variety of locations. You have a good understanding of behavioural safety techniques and how strong leadership can influence behaviour at an operational level. You will demonstrate:
- Previous experience working in a Senior Safety leadership role managing a remote team
- Degree qualification in HS&E or related field
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to engage multiple stakeholders including executives, customers and national regulators.
- Experience working with numerous customer portfolios to meet their individual compliance and safety obligations
- Experience across a full range of WHS activities, including reporting, Continuous Improvement initiatives and exposure to regulatory requirements and legislation
- Safety management system auditing experience
- Experience in incident investigation
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your application and resume.
We kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Linfox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
To find out more about opportunities at Linfox, visit www.linfox.com/careers