Health & Safety Manager Victoria - [Archived Advertisement]
Health & Safety Manager Victoria
Here at BevChain we are leaders in beverage supply chain solutions. As a specialist, we support major customers, including some of Australia’s favourite beer brands. Our mission is to provide our customers with a competitive advantage through industry leading innovations in safety, sustainability and efficiency. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linfox, Asia Pacific's largest privately owned logistics business, we benefit from Linfox’s extensive scale, resources and logistics network. Create a career to be proud of. Expect all this and more when you join us at BevChain.
What does the job look like?
The purpose of this role is to ensure site legislative compliance by influencing safe behaviors within both Transport and Warehouse Operations. This is achieved by coaching, supporting and mentoring the front-line operational leaders on Safety. Key areas:
- Coach and influence leadership to set and enforce Safety standards and exercise their safety responsibilities
- Provide training and guidance on Safety to assist operations to exercise Safety responsibilities
- Participate in investigations to identify the route cause and recommend corrective actions
- Provide management updates on performance against targets/plan
- Engage site and state management to routinely review actions
- Participate in site risk management and road safety compliance activities
Are you the one?
The State Safety Manager is responsible for assisting the sites to implement and operate the BevChain Vision Zero Safety System. You can demonstrate:
- Cert IV, Diploma or degree in Safety or related field
- Experience across all Safety related activities, transport industry preferred
- Experience in Incident Investigation and Risk Management would be advantageous
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in Safety System Auditing desirable
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety Act 2011, Commonwealth Occupational Health & Safety Act 1991 & Regulations and relevant regulatory bodies
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your application and resume.
We kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Linfox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You will be required to meet BevChain's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
To find out more about opportunities at BevChain, visit www.bevchain.com/careers
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring
Environmental Health and Safety