Woolworths Group Limited is an ASX top 10 company and the largest retailer in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of Australia's most recognised and trusted retail brands with more than 1,250 stores across Australia and New Zealand. We are a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers and manufacturers.
We take the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of our team and customers seriously, and are championing a rigorous and contemporary Health, Safety and Wellbeing agenda.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director of Stores the Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing will be responsible for creating and delivering the national HS&W strategy for our Australian Supermarkets business. Working in partnership with the Supermarkets leadership team this influential senior leadership role will be accountable for embedding best practice and ensuring we stay at the forefront of HS&W in the workplace.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Leading the national HS&W team for Supermarkets, providing specialist support and counsel to Operational leaders across Australia
- Creating and communicating a well-articulated HS&W strategy and direction for Australian Supermarkets
- Maintaining visibility of HS&W performance including operational and organisational risks
- Preparing and presenting HS&W updates and papers to the Supermarkets Leadership Team, including our monthly Safety Committee and board meetings
- Engaging, coaching and empowering our Supermarket’s frontline teams to always put safety and wellbeing 1st, and to readily access safety and wellbeing support
- Strengthening overall team wellbeing by working closely with the Supermarkets People and Culture team
- Acting as an internal “thought leader” and a credible external representative for Australian Supermarkets on HS&W matters
- Role modeling ‘doing the right thing’, ensuring our teams deliver on our health, Safety, Wellbeing and compliance standards
- Post Graduate qualification in Safety and Health and/or related disciplines with a minimum of 10 years experience in a safety and wellbeing senior leadership role
- Extensive experience embedding and maintaining a culture of safety and wellbeing within a multi-site environment.
- Confident in the preparation and presentation of HS&W updates and papers to the Supermarkets Leadership Team, including our monthly Safety Committee, and board.
- Driven by building and fostering healthy working relationships and have proven experience in leading large teams/large initiatives by influencing across teams.
- Naturally inquisitive, seeking out best in class approaches to HS&W and have experience leading complex areas with multiple stakeholders
- A track record of leading complex and diverse change in process/culture/initiatives
- A demonstrated record of delivering results through others, where you respond to alternative perspectives and interests strategically, influencing outcomes without direct authority.
- An agile mindset, adapt quickly to change and manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to simplify complex topics and clearly communicate verbally at all levels
Grow with the Group:
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from you:
The position will be open for candidates to apply until Tuesday 18th May.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI