HR Administration and Office Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
HR Administration and Office Coordinator
- Are you a strong administrator with a HR background?
- Do you want a role that provides daily challenges, evolving projects and varied tasks?
- Join CSIRO today and help us deliver our People strategies!
The Administration and Office Coordinator - DDP reports to the Deputy Director – People to provide proactive and broad-ranging support to the People function to support CSIRO to deliver in its strategy and goals. This role is concentrated on providing administrative support to the Deputy Director – People, ranging from daily calendar and management to offering a HR lens on a variety of administrative People matters to support and enhance service delivery. The position requires an individual possessing high caliber administrative skills with a focus on continuous improvement, high levels of accuracy, and a strong focus on client engagement. To succeed in this position, the person requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, well-developed computer skills across MS office and technology platforms such as SAP to interact with a variety of people at all levels on a daily basis.
This role would suit an enthusiastic, and results focussed individual with a genuine desire to pursue a career in the People business, having a tertiary or equivalent experience in human resources, and who wants to be an integral part of a busy team of HR Business Partners who makes a positive difference to the Business. The successful applicant will likely have an administrative HR background, be agile, tech-savvy, and eager to learn, with a willingness to take on varying tasks and challenges.
Your duties will include:
- Coordinate and monitor the calendar for the Deputy Director – People, using initiative to anticipate action items and initiate tasks, schedule meetings, liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and draft email responses utilising technical HR knowledge.
- Assist the Deputy Director – People with varying administrative and HR tasks, such as pulling data reports, preparing letters, documents, and presentations.
- Respond courteously and efficiently to requests for your services, and on behalf of the Deputy Director – People, and keep clients informed about progress and redirect requests to appropriate staff when required.
- Be an active member of the broader HR community and support HR projects where appropriate.
- Undertake a wide variety of administrative and operational activities with support from People Business Partners to support and facilitate HR practices and processes such as
- Recruitment and selection processes
- Supporting HR Programs such as Rewards, Vacation Students and Annual Performance Agreements
- Co-ordinating SAP transactions and reporting needs
- Preparing staff correspondence, research and analysis, and developing HR metrics
Location: Brisbane, QLD; Canberra, ACT; Melbourne, VIC or Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$64k - AU$82k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/ or experience in Human Resources, or a related discipline and/or relevant work experience
- Well-developed interpersonal skills reflected through collaboration, team player, ability to work effectively across people of all levels, flexibility, adaptability, with a positive outlook, exercising diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to learn new skills and apply previous lessons, and an enquiring, analytical approach to deliver outcomes
- To be a proven communicator, underpinned by strong written and verbal skills, plus an eye for detail which translates to high quality, accurate outputs
- Superior PowerPoint and Excel application as well as systems knowledge, including Office365 and ability to learn new systems/platforms i.e. SAP (or similar HR platform)
Flexibility and adaptability to work in geographically dispersed teams supporting HR projects as organisational priorities change
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 23 May 2021, 11:00pm AEST
We reserve the right to remove this ad prior to the closing date
- Closing Date:
- 23 May 2021
- AU$64k - AU$82k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Recruitment - Internal