Senior Communication Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Communication Advisor
- The opportunity to provide strategic, creative and agile communication advice to support the Information Management and Technology business unit
- Be responsible for the development of impactful content and campaigns
- Apply today to join Australia's National Science Agency!
CSIRO is seeking a Senior Communication Advisor, focused on supporting the Information Management and Technology (IMT) business unit. As the Senior Communications Advisor you will sit within the Employee Engagement and Communication team within Corporate Affairs, helping to inform and engage more than 5000 CSIRO employees across Australia.
Our IMT Business Unit provides focussed solutions at the forefront of digital trends that enhance CSIRO’s research, business agility and innovation. It has a range of exciting and high-level programs requiring immediate communication expertise to help with the delivery of CSIRO’s Enterprise Services Digitalisation Program and Science Digital Transformation.
Within this role you will have the opportunity to think laterally about how communication can support and enhance these programs, provide critical information to the organisation to raise awareness of these initiatives, and affect behavioural change.
As the successful candidate you will have the responsibility for the development of impactful content and campaigns and to provide strategic, creative and agile communication advice to support the IMT Business Unit.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the implementation of IMT's strategic projects by delivering effective communication activities to increase the awareness, adoption and utilisation of IMT’s products and services and CSIRO’s Digital Transformation initiatives.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with IMT service owners and teams, and other key stakeholders, to deliver effective communication activities and fulfil IMT's strategic goals.
- Contributing to the implementation of IMT strategy and help align communication plans and activities with CSIRO-wide strategy implementation.
- Providing professional and strategic advice on communication and change issues which have a major impact on the operations of the work area, influence the decisions of managers, and have a measurable impact on the Business Unit’s activities.
- Developing and implementing contemporary communication plans to deliver across employee engagement and stakeholder management, change management, professional writing,1 digital communication, media production and sponsorship and brand management.
- Tracking and monitoring key metrics to assess success of communications plans and tactics.
- Building and maintaining team-focused relationships across all areas of the Employee Engagement Communication team and the broader Corporate Affairs team, sharing knowledge and working together in pursuit of the development and promotion of best practice communication.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT, Clayton, VIC or Kensington, WA
Salary: AU$100K to AU$108Kpa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30 June 2024
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience in communications – PR, communications, marketing, digital, media or journalism.
- 5+ years' experience developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Demonstrated experience managing integrated and creative communication campaigns, especially in employee, internal or change communication.
- Demonstrated experience creating content for digital audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with demonstrated ability to communicate complex data.
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and quality focus and operate well in an often complex, ambiguous and fast-moving environment.
- The ability to work effectively independently and also as a member of a team, collaborate widely both internally and externally, and provide guidance to managers and staff.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 4 October 2021, 11:00 pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 04 Oct 2021
- AU$100K to AU$108Kpa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation