Safety Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Yarra Trams (View other jobs from this organisation)
Yarra Trams is proudly operated by Keolis Downer, the largest private multi-modal transport operator in Australia.
Since taking over the running of the network on 30 November 2009, we have improved safety, delivered record passenger satisfaction, and maintained punctuality during a period of unprecedented growth across Melbourne.
Our guiding principle is to ‘think like a passenger’. We focus on delivering safe, reliable, clean, and easy-to-use services. And we are committed to increasing the environmental, social, and economic contribution that Melbourne’s tram network makes to the city.
We work with the Victorian Government, Public Transport Victoria and other transport agencies and operators to provide a fully integrated transport service for the people of Melbourne.
About this Role
- Be part of the world’s largest tram network;
- Iconic Melbourne brand;
- Provide specialist advice to improve safety performance.
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community.
As the operator of Yarra Trams, we bring our international expertise to Melbourne to ensure we deliver safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams requires the services of an experienced Safety Coordinator to coordinate the delivery of safety initiatives, provide administration support, and provide specialist advice to improve safety performance.
What the role entails
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Safety Coordinator to ensure continual improvement of our Infrastructure Function’s safety performance.
Reporting to the Senior Safety Advisor, the role involves:
- Supporting Infrastructure Function with the closure of CAR’s, NCRs, Observations and Investigations;
- Monitoring and ensuring ARM actions achieve their completion target date;
- Reporting on the status CAR’s, NCRs, Observations and Investigations as required;
- Ensuring all ARM actions are escalated to relevant managers and closed within the agreed timescale;
- Providing Safety Support to Infrastructure Managers and Advisors.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this opportunity, you will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV level qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety;
- Proven experience in participating, facilitating, and conducting risk assessments and, audits;
- Experience with incident reporting and leading safety investigations Ability to manage difficult and complex tasks within tight timeframes;
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining compliance with legislation, standards or a similar discipline;
- Sound understanding of relevant, WorkSafe Compliance Codes and Codes of Practice;
- Strong written and verbal Communication skills;
- A high level of competency in Microsoft software: Project, Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Lead Auditor and ICAM qualifications (desirable);
- Experience working in a Rail and/or Civil Construction environment desirable.
Interested? Click Apply Now. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
The selection process for this role will include pre-employment checks, including probity (police) and medical check.
Yarra Trams is committed to creating a workplace that builds respect, promotes diversity and encourages inclusiveness. Our key pillars of Gender Diversity, Age Diversity, Cultural Fluency & Inclusion and Marginalised Community Support form our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy.
Applications close: 26th September 2021
- Closing Date:
- 26 Sep 2021
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Safety and Wellbeing