Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
We are currently looking for a Passenger Experience Manager to support the successful delivery of what will be one of the most iconic projects in Melbourne, the highly anticipated Melbourne Airport Rail (MAR) Project!
The MAR Operations & Maintenance team plays a critical role in transforming MTM to deliver and integrate Melbourne’s First passenger train service to the Melbourne Airport and ensure a world class passenger experience for all visitor and residents.
About the role
The Passenger Experience Manager represents the interests of MTM (as the Operator), with a passenger experience focus and works collaboratively with MAR stakeholders, to ensure passenger interactions are safe, operable, maintainable, reliable and achieve the desired customer experience for Day 1 Operations.
This is a full-time permanent role, primarily based in Melbourne’s CBD.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) and their partners to develop the MAR Project Operating Plan, System Requirements Specification (SRS) and Technical Solutions to deliver a station design and operating model.
- Support the development of MTM’s Final Operational Requirements, overseeing Passenger Experience advice to achieve safety, operability, and customer experience outcomes.
- Responsible for the development of the Station Operating Strategy that will include station staffing model and explain the interaction between people, processes and systems within the Station environment
- Build and sustain lasting relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders to help promote a collaborative and open ‘one team’ culture.
- Support the development of the MAR Integrated Program through contribution and/or development of key operation readiness inputs such as Operational Readiness Plan, Trial Operations Strategy, and Handback Strategy.Actively manage operational issues and constraints, providing expert advice to identify and manage all residual risks as relevant to Station Operations and/or Passenger Experience.
- Support the development and implementation of desk-top modelling and test script functional testing to support design input and acceptance of service
- Support activities to assess the existing Safety Management System and its suitability to meet the Operational needs of users within the Airport Station.
- You will have extensive experience working on complex rail projects, preferably including the management of station teams within a metro operator.
- Tertiary qualification in either Engineering, Rail Operations, Change Management or, Project Management related disciplines.
- Commercial exposure & demonstrated experience in applying contractual terms, project documentation and tendering bid process.
- Experience in development and/or delivery of new Passenger Facilities
- Experience in station functionality design considering fire and life safety, degraded and emergency operating modes.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- A passion for coaching and influencing position outcomes.
- Ability to successfully develop and manage multi-stakeholder relationships.
Why join the Metro team?
- Build your career on a high-profile project with an exciting pipeline of work
- Work with a team of passionate professionals changing how Melbournians travel around our city
- We are dedicated to empowering our team & providing long-term career development opportunities
- Competitive salary & employee incentives
This is a fantastic and high profile opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by COB 16th April 2021.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.