Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
About the position
Earlier this month a new organisational structure was introduced to accelerate our ambition to be more agile, efficient and sustainable for the long term. This involved the creation of 3 Delivery arms – Operations and Passenger Delivery, Network Assets and Assurance and Projects. As a result this has led to the creation of an exciting new opportunity for a highly experienced individual to join the People Division to align to each of these delivery arms.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of People – Operations and Passenger Delivery will lead and manage the implementation of the People Strategy which enables the business to achieve its short, medium and long term objectives. The successful applicant will be a trusted advisor to the COO, ED People and will be a member of the Operations and Passenger Delivery senior leadership team. The position will execute and deliver strategic human resource and talent acquisition activities.
To ensure success in this role you will:
- Possess Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrate experience providing senior leadership for a business partnering and talent acquisition team in a complex unionised organisation.
- Proven experience in solving complex and/or technical HR related business issues using a variety of innovative approaches to drive culture, change, high performance, effective leadership, customer and employee experience and safety
- Ability to work with ambiguity on multiple projects and the delivery to tight timeframes
- Ability to communicate effectively, influence others and gain cooperation and highly articulate and engaging when communicating information to staff and stakeholders
- Demonstrate successful delivery of operational strategies that accelerate business performance and reputation
- Skilled at positively influencing major commercial decisions ensuring productive stakeholder relationships at all times (excellent commercial acumen)
- Lead significant change programs to achieve the desired outcomes whilst demonstrating the successful application of change management principles
Ready to apply?
Please submit your application by Tuesday 18th May 2021.