Play a pivotal role in the booking and approval of events in Melbourne’s public spaces
$77,352 plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Maximum Term Contract up until 18 March 2022
- Maximum Term Contract up until 1 March 2022
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Coordinator Event Operations, you will play a pivotal role in the coordination of various stakeholders in the development and assessment of event plans for large scale major events as well as smaller events in public space with a view to coordinating and issuing necessary permits.
You will be a key support to other members of the team as it is one of five identical positions within the Event Operations team; you will need to demonstrate a flexible and consultative approach with the wider team. Strong experience with accurate interpreting information is crucial in this position as you will be responsible for assessing all aspects of event plans and subsequent recording of event related information in the City Of Melbourne digital systems.
The main objective of this role is to coordinate the booking and approval process associated with events or activities such as parades, festivals and public and private gatherings in public space within the City of Melbourne; as well as ensuring that all approvals are in accordance with corporate policy, logistical procedures and risk mitigation standards. To be successful in this role you will be expected to be able to work effectively both individually with minimal supervision and be able to proactively collaborate within a team.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Experience in interpreting and applying relevant legislation, regulations, local laws, statutory guidelines, and operational event plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to negotiate and gain cooperation to resolve issues.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise work load and to work in a systematic way in a busy environment to achieve organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to quality customer service.
- Well-developed written and computer skills with experience in using standard office systems and packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply for the position via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Linda Purves, Manager Event Operations, Tourism and Events
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 19 May 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.