Salary commencing from $166,050 Total Employment Package
Senior Officer Contract
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
This newly created role will see you develop and implement key people policies and strategies that bring continuous improvement to our approach to organisational development, and support the Council’s ambition to be a high performing organisation.
With a focus on capability and culture, you will manage and lead strategic Organisational learning development projects and the ongoing development of systems and processes, to deliver on our people strategy priorities. You will manage and lead a high performing team and contribute to the wider leadership agenda of the Council’s People and Culture division.
In order to be successful, you will have proven experience of successful leadership of HR/OD delivery. Adept at engaging and influencing innovative ways of working, you are someone who thrives in a dynamic and changing environment, creating energy and passion. You will display excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and with credibility at all levels. You will also have experience in leading and managing a team. Exposure and/or accreditation in Human Synergistics is highly desirable.
This is a rewarding and fulfilling role for someone who is looking to advance their career and drive innovation with the ability to inspire and influence.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Human Resources tertiary qualifications or extensive experience/5-10 year's intensive specialist experience.
- Substantial experience in all aspects of HR and OD with particular strengths in Learning and Development and Change Management.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team of professionals.
- Relevant practitioner experience or certifications related to diagnostic tools and team development programs.
- Understanding of bringing to life organisation's strategies long term goals and context of the position's function in the organisational context, and legal and political context.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and accounting procedures, except for specialist positions where not required.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please visit email@example.com and refer to job reference number 17878.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page), addressing your suitability for the role
- respond to the following application questions, in a separate document:
- What inspired you to apply to this role? (no more than 500 words)
- What capabilities will you bring to the role? (no more than 500 words)
- How will you transform your workforce to work in a constructive culture? (no more than 500 words)
- What are your salary expectations?
Please address your covering letter to Angela Meinke, Director People, Culture and Leadership.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Tuesday 25 May 2021.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.