$127,641 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Manager People Strategy & Partnerships, you will be responsible for allocating client enquiries, assisting with and overseeing the daily management of Senior Business Partners and Advisors’ ER workloads. You will provide ER technical expertise, guidance and establish frameworks to the broader business on complicated industrial matters, cases, and industrial strategy and consultancy projects.
We are looking for an expert in Employment Relations with a degree in either Employment Law/Human Resources, Industrial Relations or extensive experience in Employment Legislation and best practice. You will demonstrate your success in managing complex ER cases within a large and complex organisation and thrive on working in a fast-paced, agile, dynamic work environment. With an empathetic and consultative approach, with the aim of developing the capability of leaders.
This role will suit someone who is a confident, knowledgeable and an influential leader with exceptional interpersonal skills and is highly people oriented and results driven.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A tertiary qualification in a discipline relevant to Employment Law/Human Resources, Industrial relations or extensive experience in the ER/IR.
- Experience in preparing for and participating in mediation /conciliation / conference proceedings relating to industrial claims in IR systems, awareness, understanding and application of employment legislation including the Fair Work Act 2009.
- Demonstrated significant experience in Employee Relations relevant to this position, including sound understanding of strategic processes, systems and techniques required in supporting the organisation’s business objectives.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in the provision of accurate, confidential and sensitive advice and support to senior management, and in negotiation with staff, management and union representatives on organisational issues.
- Proven experience in dealing effectively with customers and developing productive long term relationships, including a demonstrated ability to use a positive and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team, under pressure with competing and demanding timelines.
- High level writing skills and ability to draft clear and concise reports and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and participate in projects relating to the development, implementation and review of major organisational HR policies, issues and initiatives, to ensure that service delivery models are efficient, effective and client focused.
- Knowledge of the role of Local Government is desirable.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please visit email@example.com and refer to job reference number 17881.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page), addressing your suitability for the role
- respond to the following application questions, in a separate document:
- What inspired you to apply to this role? (no more than 500 words)
- What capabilities will you bring to the role? (no more than 500 words)
- How will you contribute to a constructive culture? (no more than 500 words)
Please address your covering letter to Angela Meinke, Director People, Culture and Leadership.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Tuesday 25 May 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.