About Kmart Group
The Kmart Group is comprised of Kmart and Target, Catch and the Kmart Group Asia sourcing business. It was formed as the Department Stores Division in February 2016 and rebranded to the Kmart Group in November 2018. The division operates 450 stores across Australia and New Zealand and employs more than 44,000 team members.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
We are looking for an Employee Relations (ER) Manager, reporting to our Head of Employee Relations – Kmart Group. This is an exciting role for someone who appreciates the value an employee relations function can add to a business by adopting a holistic and proactive approach to employee relations.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the delivery of employee relations activities across Kmart Group, including: employee relations strategy and enterprise bargaining; projects; compliance; policy; litigation and advocacy.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Accountability as the employee relations subject matter expert in relation to projects, delivering optimum business outcomes for Kmart Group
- Play a key role in the build and delivery of an employee relations strategy.
- Lead and manage the end-to-end bargaining process.
- Facilitate proactive compliance initiatives, to ensure continual improvement and risk management.
- Complete a strategic review of people related policies, contracts of employment and employee relations people process.
- Manage litigation as required, by appearing on the behalf of our Kmart Group brands at the Fair Work Commission or any other applicable tribunal.
- Provide strategic and commercial advice on all areas of employment matters, including but not limited to corporate restructures, employee investigations, disciplinary matters, discrimination matters, termination of employment and interpretation of industrial instruments.
You are someone who is a pleasure to work with, is able to make the complex seem simple and work at pace, without compromising the work you deliver.
To be successful in securing this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experiences:
- 7+ years experience in employee relations
- A legal qualification is preferred but not a must
- Experience in leading employee relations activities in complex projects
- Extensive enterprise bargaining experience
- Experience in employee relations and payroll compliance
- Highly skilled in advocacy across various tribunals
- Proven experience as a employee relations partner
- Skilled at communicating simply and clearly, including in employee relations writing (e.g. policy and contracts of employment)
- Ability to ask the right questions and respectfully challenge to deliver the best outcomes
- Skilled in prioritisation and solving complex problems at pace
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- You are someone who thinks holistically and can execute programs of work in a strategic and successful way.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
“We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”