Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Brisbane Airport Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
Do you enjoy a work environment where no two days are the same? Have you ever thought about what makes an airport tick? Brisbane Airport operates as a diverse “airport city”, working across master planning, property development, aviation, and commercial spheres.
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private Queensland company, creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
About the opportunity
As the EHS Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the environmental management of BAC’s operations, as well as 200+ tenants and contractors. You will be part of an experienced and motivated EHS team that provide expertise in a broad range of areas, from contamination assessments, landside and airside incidents and spill response to strategic management of 288 ha of biodiversity zone bordering a Ramsar site and Moreton Bay, to advising on construction environmental management scenarios on multiple small and large sites and embedding a sustainability culture into all aspects of airport business.
If you thrive on diversity, problem-solving and stakeholder engagement, and have at least 10 years of environmental management experience, then this could be your next exciting challenge. While this role requires you to lead a multi-functional team, your technical experience in environment will be essential to the role.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set the direction for the team through the development and implementation of initiatives that clearly align to the Group business plan.
- Lead the team ensuring team members are engaged and empowered to deliver to enable delivery against team initiatives and the Group business plan.
- Significantly contribute to the review and implementation of business plans as part of the Group Leadership Team.
- Manage the implementation of an integrated Health, Safety and Environmental Management system consistent with internationally recognised standards that facilitates the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Assist the Head of with the implementation of the strategic and operational HSE goals and objectives.
- Monitor and interpret HSE legislation, policies, and regulations to provide expert direction and advice to internal stakeholders on a diverse range of HSE issues which meet statutory and corporate objectives and responsibilities.
- Manage the delivery of both the Airport Environment Strategy in line with the Airports Act and the corporate WHS Strategy in line with WHS legislation.
- Implement and manage the PFAS Management Framework.
- Manage and continuously improve the process for approval of environment assessments and environmental compliance requirements required as part of an Airport Master Plan, a Major Development Plan or other development works on Brisbane Airport.
- Manage the preparation of annual environmental reports and various internal environmental compliance reports and registers as required.
- Support the Head of HSE in fostering relationships with:
- HSE corporate, government agency and community stakeholders.
- Airport Environment Officer and other regulatory representatives of commonwealth and state environmental regulatory agencies in relation to PFAS management.
- Oversee HSE performance of airport tenants and other third parties, including Operational Environmental Management Plans.
- Assist with the delivery of information and training sessions to employees to ensure that all HSE responsibilities and obligations are understood.
- Maintain an HSE risk register and ensure HIRAC processes are undertaken.
- Manage the activities of the HSE delivery team to investigate and report on HSE incidents, conduct HSE audits and conduct regular HSE inspections.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum ten years’ experience in HSE Management in a high-risk industry.
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant HSE legislation.
- Demonstrated capability to develop and implement HSE improvement programs.
- Experience in leading incident investigations evidenced by industry qualification.
- Degree Qualified in Environmental Science or equivalent (Minimum)
- Diploma in Work Health and Safety or equivalent (Minimum)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing (Minimum)
- Post graduate qualifications in a business discipline
- Eligible for membership with the Environment Institute of Australia
- Experience in working in forming and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience and proven ability in technical and non-technical written communication
Knowledge and Technical Proficiency
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite of packages
- Broad understanding of current Environmental principles and processes.
BAC is a forward-thinking organisation, is agile, supportive of innovation and harbours a positive and flexible working environment. Our key values are reflected throughout the organisation, demonstrating Care, Communication, Collaboration and Courage at all times.
This role will you give the opportunity to utilise your skills, experience, and enthusiasm to help continue BAC's growth and be a key part of the Governance Group.
If you believe you have the expertise and passion to succeed in this role, please apply now with your CV and a short covering letter outlining your suitability.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal at any time.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
To view our Privacy collection statement please highlight and right click to follow this link: https://www.bne.com.au/sites/default/files/no-index/BAC_Privacy_Collection_Statement_Applicants.pdf
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Health and Safety
Safety and Wellbeing