Our client a Federal Government Department that supports economic growth, by delivering policies and programs that assist job seekers to find work, encourage small and family businesses to grow, and maximise opportunity through access to quality skills and training is seeking an Employer Liaison Officer (EL1 equivalent) to join the Employer Mobilisation Branch of the Delivery and Employer Engagement Division.
As Employer Liaison Officer, you will be the primary on-the-ground contact and liaison point at the national level for employers and key related stakeholders in your region/state, and any nominated industry/sector for which you are the lead. You will work closely with key internal departmental stakeholders, including the State Office network, Policy and Programs Branches and your Employer Mobilisation Branch colleagues.
Your role may include liaison officer network development and coordination activities, providing advice and support for other ELOs and state office staff in relation to any industry for which you are lead. You will be based in the department's State Office in your state/territory (flexible arrangements to accommodate COVID-19 restrictions apply), as part of a virtual team reporting to an EL2 within the Employer Mobilisation Branch.
Key responsibilities of the EL1 position include, but are not limited to:
- Be the primary on-the-ground contact and liaison point at the national level for employers and key related stakeholders in your region/state, and any nominated industry/sector for which you are the lead.
- Contribute to the effective and rapid response to the labour market impact of COVID-19
- Increase job seeker access to job opportunities through the facilitation of industry-based workforce solutions to meet employer and industry needs
- Deliver a coordinated response including introductions between employers and employment services providers on major employment projects and/or significant recruitment by employers/industry sectors,
- work collaboratively and effectively with other placebased positions, including state offices and Employment Facilitators, and
- Contribute to better targeted policies and programs which respond to employer needs through effective escalation of employer related intelligence.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential capabilities/experience and/or qualifications:
- A clear understanding of Australian and State government priorities and policy objectives in relation to productivity and the labour market
- Experience or ability working with employers in industry and/or economic development
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong judgement and strategic skills, with highly developed analytical and conceptual capacity to support effective decision making
- Highly developed ability to identify innovative and creative solutions to local or sectoral issues specifically responding to employer and labour market opportunities
- Very high level oral and written communication skills, including proven liaison, negotiation and representational skills and the ability to mobilise internal and external stakeholders in a collaborative rapid response and complex environment
- Ability to work independently and to actively participate and positively contribute, as part of a national virtual team, to achieve key business outcomes
- Confidence and competence to work with internal and external stakeholders using technology and virtual means to effectively develop and implement workforce solutions
- Availability to work flexibly, including additional hours and on weekends where required
- Knowledge of/experience in or working with particular industries is desirable.
This position will be based in Brisbane and will be offered notionally until 31st August 2021, as an hourly rate contract (EL1 equivalent).
This position is with a federal government department, so you will need to be an Australian Citizen, with a current police check or be willing to obtain.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions is a 100% Indigenous Owned Business providing temporary assignments, fixed term contracts and permanent recruitment solutions.
Our Head Office is based in Canberra with a national reach to all the states and territories, regional and remote areas of Australia.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and Non-Indigenous Australians together with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.