Health & Safety Manager
Bindaree Food Group (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health & Safety Manager
Bindaree Food Group (BFG) is a vertically integrated supply chain business delivering global meat solutions both domestically and internationally and has solidified its position as a prominent leader in the Australian meat industry.
Are you looking for a change? Do you want a tree change to beautiful regional Australia? We are looking for an exceptional Health and Safety Manager to join our team in Inverell in northern NSW, Australia, situated on the Macintyre River, close to the Queensland border.
Due to growth and a positive focus on safety we have a new role for a Health & Safety Manager. Reporting to the General Manager of Processing, you will be a member of the site leadership team and working closely with the production, quality, training and people and culture teams. This role will have two direct reports and will work closely with the Head of Health and Safety for alignment on strategy and systems.
You will play a pivotal role in driving and embedding a culture of care, targeting best practice of safety and legislative compliance through effective policies, procedures, and WHS.
Your key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Delivering the health and safety management system and safety compliance strategy.
- Working collaboratively with and actively coaching and mentoring operational leaders and other site leaders to increase their knowledge, ownership and engagement regarding the implementation and maintenance of safety plans and programs.
- Providing leadership and support line management.
- Developing programs and initiatives to promote and support health & safety hazards, risks, and risk controls.
- Developing a process to ensure risk assessments are conducted for all new and changed high-risk processes and equipment.
About you and your skills and experience:
- You are a positive and engaging professional with a strong background in health and safety.
- A background in manufacturing / food manufacturing working with machinery or high-risk equipment would be highly regarded.
- Proven experience in embedding and managing a Health and Safety management system.
- You have experience in incident investigation and risk assessment.
- Knowledge of contemporary safety issues and best practice, and the statutory and regulatory framework requirements regarding safety at work.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we have on offer:
- An attractive remuneration package negotiated depending on experience
- Up to $5k relocation assistance if needed.
- A diverse and passionate team that are results driven.
- A diverse and inclusive culture who work together.
- Ongoing training and development – grow you career with us.
- Salary Packaging Benefits Program
- Novated leasing for vehicles and on-road costs.
- Staff discounts on products and R.M Williams products.
Take the next step in your career, if this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
- Closing Date:
- 17 Jun 2023
- NSW - Inverell
- Attractive remuneration package
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Health and Safety
Return to Work/Injury Management
Safety and Wellbeing