People & Culture Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Rydges South Bank Brisbane (View other jobs from this organisation)
People & Culture Manager
About the business
Rydges South Bank in Brisbane is a highly regarded award winning four and a half star property with 304 guest rooms, multiple food and beverage outlets and conferencing facilities. The hotel is located on Grey Street in South Bank next door to the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
About the role
We are seeking the support of a motivated HR professional with a background in hospitality to refocus the workplace culture and help build a strong and capable team as we return to market.
The successful candidate will work alongside some of the best managers in the business and report to a goal-orientated General Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic.
The People & Culture Manager is a role model for the team and works closely with the GM and senior leaders to enhance workplace culture by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and lead P&C projects in the hotel in conjunction with the management team
- Manage all facets of P&C activities from recruitment and on-boarding to learning and development, performance management and off-boarding
- Provide consistent support and coaching to managers and employees on employee relations matters
- Be fully knowledgeable of current legislation, industry trends and best practice
- Develop recruitment strategies with a focus on being an employer of choice
- Plan and facilitate training with a focus on compliance and career progression.
Benefits and perks
Rydges South Bank provides its employees with career development opportunities within the EVENT Hospitality & Entertainment Group.
Our core values of Empowerment, Possibilities and Community come from our purpose, which is to make the day better for ourselves, our customers, our team and the community. We offer our Daymakers:
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- A fun, go-getting, passionate team environment
- Staff rates at our hotels in Australia and New Zealand
- Discounts in our cinemas and with other entertainment partners.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in business, human resources or management
- At least 2 year's senior management experience in a highly regarded hotel
- Ability to lead, motivate, train and coach others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and able to learn new software and systems
- Project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A high level of professionalism and immaculate personal presentation
- Return to Work Coordinator qualification (preferred)
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Industrial & Employee Relations
People and Culture
Recruitment - Internal
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition