Human Resources Officer - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort - [Archived Advertisement]
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Officer - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
About the role
As the HR Officer your core focus will be ensuring the ‘Room to have a Great Start’ and ‘Room to Grow’ journey is delivered for colleagues from commencement through their colleague life cycle. You will ensure the correct planning, recording, and tracking of the on-boarding, learning and development activities that take and also build the capability of hotel leaders by providing coaching and advice regarding all People Processes - Performance Management, Industrial Relations and Compliance. Your primary duties will include:
- Driving colleague quarterly catchups and career discussions.
- Facilitating Surveys – new starter/exit/ad-hoc.
- Monthly reporting and presentation preparation.
- Organisation of colleague service recognition awards.
- Coordinating social and community initiatives on island.
- Supporting the Human Resources Manager with perform management requirements.
- Coordinating HR Engagement initiatives.
*Please note this position is based on Hayman Island.
This is a key role within the Human Resources team for InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. You will work in close partnership with the operational HR team based on and off island, resort leadership team and IHG senior HR leadership. We are looking for an enthusiastic recruitment professional with the following:
- Formal qualification in Human Resources.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Human Resources generalist capacity.
- Previous experience within the Hospitality/Tourism Industry.
What we offer
- World class Staff Facilities including excellent Subsidised Accommodation with dedicated facilities including a pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields
- An exciting and ever-changing Staff Activities Calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive Career Development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training, and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
How to Apply
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels:
- Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
- QLD - Hayman Island
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting & Generalist
Industrial & Employee Relations
Learning & Development
People and Culture