IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
About the role
As the HR Officer your core focus will be ensuring the ‘Room to have a Great Start’ and ‘Room to Grow’ journey is delivered for colleagues from commencement through their colleague life cycle. In addition, you will ensure the correct planning, recording, and tracking of the on-boarding, learning and development activities that take place ensuring we deliver on our promises to all colleagues. In partnership with the Human Resources team, this role also builds the capability of hotel leaders by providing coaching and advice regarding all People Processes - Performance Management, Industrial Relations and Compliance.
*Please note this position is based on Hayman Island.
This is a key recruitment role for InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. The role works in partnership with the operational HR team based on and off island, resort leadership team and IHG senior HR leadership. We are looking for an enthusiastic recruitment professional with the following:
- Formal qualification in Human Resources.
- Previous experience within the Hospitality/Tourism Industry.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Human Resources generalist capacity.
What we offer
- World class Staff Facilities including excellent Subsidised Accommodation with dedicated facilities including a pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields
- An exciting and ever-changing Staff Activities Calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive Career Development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training, and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
How to Apply
Please visit https://haymanisland.intercontinental.com/careers/ for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
To submit your resume please press the "apply" button now. For more information about our brand and your potential career at One&Only Hayman Island please see our website www.oneandonlyhaymanisland.com.au