Human Resources Manager
Central Land Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Central Land Council – Human Resources Manager
The Central Land Council (CLC) is the Commonwealth Government statutory authority for the southern half of the Northern Territory - covering an area of almost 770,000 square kilometres. Together we are responsible for providing a range of services for the benefit of traditional owners and other Aboriginal residents of the CLC region
Central Land Council has an exciting opportunity for the right person with a real interest in making a contribution to the working lives of aboriginal people in Central Australia
We are looking for an experienced HR Practitioner who would like to work in the RED HEART of Australia, based out of Alice Springs. If you are the person for this role you will have had at least three years previous experience working at a manager/director level of HR and WHS. It would also be desirable for you to have had experience in payroll and organisational development.
Alice Springs is a vibrant community in the heart of the MacDonald range and is the gateway to Uluru and outback Australia.
Some of the special features of this life change include:
- Work for & with a community-oriented council in the phenomenal red centre!
- Enjoy incredible views from Alice Springs’ tallest building!
- Attractive remuneration circa $116,000-$136,000 + generous super contribution + subsidised accommodation & negotiable relocation assistance + 5 weeks annual leave + Airfare allowance and District allowance + tax benefits
- Flexible working arrangements available
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a devoted organisation advocating for the rights of Aboriginal people across Central Australia.
For more information on The Central Land Council, you can visit our website here.
About the Opportunity
In consultation with the General Manager, your primary responsibility as Human Resources Manager will be to strategically guide and lead development in all human resource management facets. This role is busy and varied - no two days are the same - meaning adaptability and flexibility will see you successfully navigate this role.
A commitment to learning and respectful awareness of Aboriginal communities will help you transition smoothly into this position.
Your resilience and determination to see our organisation succeed will help you navigate all responsibilities; especially those with contention. As Human Resources Manager, you will pursue this variety of responsibilities with robust emotional intelligence.
You will enhance our team with:
- Experience in/around Aboriginal communities &/or Aboriginal Land Rights legislation;
- Strong analytical skills, adaptability, and flexibility to approach all relationships and projects with tact
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management, Human Resources, or similar. Whilst an MBA is highly desirable, it is not essential;
- Demonstrable supervisory experience;
- An unrestricted Australian driver’s licence + willingness to complete 4WD and 1st Aid course;
- A valid OCHRE card or willingness to obtain; and
- A passion for helping our organisation thrive
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jul 2022
- NT - Alice Springs
- $116,000-$136,000 + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Indigenous Employment Services
People and Culture
- APS Classification:
- Chief of Division Grade 2