Workplace Health & Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Frosty Boy Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Workplace Health & Safety Officer
Frosty Boy is a fast growing producer of dairy products and we are currently seeking a Part Time Workplace Health & Officer to join our team located at Yatala. In this autonomous position you will be responsible for developing, implementing and continually improving our systems to ensure the Workplace Health & Safety process is compliant and protects our employees.
The role will work closely with the team providing support in the development and implementation of a range of health and safety initiatives. An excellent understanding of safety legislations and systems is essential as is the ability to influence people in a fast paced environment.
Other important activities would include:
- Conducting safety inductions and training employees in the OHS system and procedures
- Attend Toolbox meetings
- Complete OHS reports
- Championing a "near miss" safety culture
- Facilitating safety meetings and inspections
- Performing OHS Audits, Job Safety Analyses, Risk Assessments and Incident reporting and recommending specific accident prevention control measures
- Responsible for the site emergency management plan
- Ensuring safety equipment and PPE is well maintained and meets the business requirements
- Technical strength through experience in a similar role, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to engage all employees in a 'Safety First' Culture
- Minimum of Cert IV WHS
- Working knowledge of Safety legislation
- A demonstrated calm mature approach to dealing with issues
- Monthly lunches and Awards
- Ice ream some days
- A great Team - we really do have one
Frosty Boy require all Employees to undertake a Pre-employment medical + National Police Check.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants for taking the time to apply for our advertised role.
Please apply by attaching your current Resume and Letter of Application
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Safety and Wellbeing