HR Assistant - [Archived Advertisement]
Multicultural Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
About Multicultural Australia
Multicultural Australia is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation, providing settlement services for migrants, refugees and people seeking asylum. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
About the role:
Multicultural Australia is currently offering an opportunity for a HR Assistant to work as part of our People, Culture & Safety team. The role is fixed-term, full time to cover a 12 month maternity leave contract and is based in Brisbane.
The role of the HR Assistant is to support the HR Business Partner in the end-to-end recruitment and onboarding of all new employees and maintain accurate employee records and paperwork. The HR Assistant is also responsible for the administration of the Workplace Health & Safety program in line with legislative requirements. Among other duties, the successful candidate will:
- Create, update and maintain staff files in the HR information system.
- Be responsible for actioning procedures following staff commencement, changes to employment and exits.
- Assist in management of Learning and Development program
- Respond to and action emails received via the HRM email account.
- Prepare employment contracts and correspondence on a range of staffing matters.
- Assist with generating HR reports and conduct audits using Prosims or Aurion.
What qualifications and skills do I need?
You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have effective communication and interpersonal skills. As well as having a confident and positive personality, you will possess:
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in Human Resources.
- Previous experience and/or exposure to Human Resource practices.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft excel, Outlook, Work, PowerPoint.
- Effective time management and organisational skills - ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate well in a cross-cultural work environment.
Successful candidate will be required to have a valid driver’s licence, police check and apply for a Working with Children Blue Card. It is a condition of employment with Multicultural Australia to fulfil all our current and future COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
Please peruse the position description on our website for full details about the role: https://www.multiculturalaustralia.org.au/current_vacancies
How do I apply?
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the apply link!! You will redirect to our internal recruitment system to register your interest and submit a covering letter along with your resume.
Please submit your application no later than COB 14/04/23. Depending on the volume of applications received we may not be able to respond to all. However, all applications submitted will be thoroughly reviewed to assess suitability for the position. Please note interviews may be held prior to the closing date.
We encouraged you to submit your application as soon as possible as we might interview and appoint suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
At Multicultural Australia, we pursue a workforce that is as diverse as our community - in race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality, neurodiversity, culture and belief - and reflects the communities we work in. We recognise diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and we are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, and people of diverse genders and/or sexual orientations.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Apr 2023
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
Learning & Development