Workplace Health & Safety Officer - Maningrida Based (Remote) - [Archived Advertisement]
Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Workplace Health & Safety Officer - Maningrida Based (Remote)
About the role:
This position is responsible for the workplace health and safety systems of the Corporation, providing focused, high quality workplace health and safety direction to managers.
- Prior experience working in a remote indigenous community.
- Prior experience in the position of Workplace Health & Safety Officer in the building industry and/or civil works industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health & Safety/ Occupational Health & Safety is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of WHS legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice applicable to the Northern Territory.
- Demonstrated ability to train, mentor and motivate employees to incorporate WH&S in all aspects of their work.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Competency in planning, time management and organisational skills, able to manage competing deadlines.
- Essential: a current manual drivers licence (learners is not acceptable).
- Eligible to obtain an NT Ochre Card – working with children
- National Police Check Clearance.
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NT - Maningrida
- $82,000 – $86,000 per year
- Work Type:
- Full Time