HR Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Virtual School Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
About Virtual School Victoria
Virtual School Victoria (VSV) is one of the largest State Government schools in Victoria. Previously known as Distance Education Centre Victoria, our history dates back to 1909. Our teaching model is based on the most extensive evidence-based research conducted into virtual learning in Australia. VSV is a warm, welcoming community that enables staff to thrive through a supportive environment, collaboration and professional learning opportunities.
We require a well organised and energetic person who flourishes both working within a team setting and when working alone. Your HR experience will enable you to administer the human resources of Virtual School Victoria, including processing hires/rehires, leave and staff personal and financial data. You have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with all stakeholders associated with Virtual School Victoria.
As the Human Resources Officer, you will work closely with the Business Manager, Finance Officer and other key VSV staff. You will use your HR expertise to ensure that all of the VSV human resources are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Maintain records related to staff absences and replacements
- Undertake all EduPay staff data maintenance in accordance with awards, policies and guidelines ensuring accuracy and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide advice on the implementation of awards, policies and guidelines to senior leadership.
- Provide staff with details of leave entitlements and assist with basic HR guidance including the use of EduPay self-service.
- Manage and maintain a system for recording and approving all staff absences
- Maintain all staff personnel files in an orderly and comprehensive manner.
- Provide Staff Listings as required throughout the year and up to date HR tracking documentation.
- Process all recruitment tasks through Recruitment Online/EduPay, keeping school staffing documentation updated to reflect the current staffing situation.
- Liaise with Selection Panel chairpersons to provide support during the recruitment process.
- Participate in Staff Induction processes, as required.
- Undertake checks and ensure compliance with VIT and WWCC requirements.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and sensitivity with personnel records and staff issues.
- Process all Local Payroll through Edupay
Skills and experience
- Qualifications and/or comparable experience in human resources
- The ability to build and maintain meaningful and successful relationships with a wide array of internal and external contacts
- Experience in communicating electronically with relevant stakeholders.
Benefits of working with us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, our people enjoy a range of rewards:
- Great work/life balance
- Contribute in a meaningful way to the education of young people
- Generous leave, including most school holidays
- A supportive and collaborative team environment
Individuals with the aptitude, experience and/or qualifications to fulfil the specific requirements of the position are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must apply for this role via Recruitment Online:
Put the Recruit online ad here- Find Job, email to some interested, copy the link in the email body.
Applicants need to include:
- A cover sheet providing the name of the applicant, home and email address, telephone number and a telephone number where the applicant can be contacted during business hours.
- A specific response to each of the five selection criteria in Recruitment Online of no more than one page per criterion.
- A separate curriculum vitae that is a summary of experience and qualifications.
- The names of three referees including contact details, current or past position and relationship to the applicant.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Jun 2023
- VIC - Thornbury
- $69,901 – $84,999 + Superannuation
- Work Type:
Recruitment - Internal