Head of People & Culture - [Archived Advertisement]
Newcastle Grammar School (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of People & Culture
Newcastle Grammar School is the pre-eminent co-educational independent school in the Hunter Region for students from Kindergarten to Year 12. We offer an innovative and holistic academic environment that fosters personal achievement to deliver first class outcomes for our students.
The team at Newcastle Grammar School are outstanding, selected for their professionalism and expertise and then continually grown and upskilled to create an unrivalled standard of education for our students.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a full-time Head of People and Culture to join our team. Reporting to the Head of School, this role involves delivering high-quality Human Resource (HR) services to the Executive, Senior Leadership team and middle leaders across the school.
As the Head of People and Culture, you will provide internal consultative support and advice on people risk and compliance matters.
As the Head of People and Culture, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating, supporting, and guiding leaders to provide regular and meaningful feedback to their direct reports, and where necessary, support with difficult conversations;
- Effectively managing and coordinating the day-to-day HR operations within the school;
- Being the subject matter expert for the Multi Enterprise Agreement (MEA) and advising the leadership team in relation to its interpretation as required;
- Supporting employee relations activities, including performance management, grievance handling, remuneration, change management, and interpreting and advising on relevant legislation.
- Adopting a business partnering approach by providing HR advisory and operational support to leaders and employees across the employment life cycle;
- Developing and overseeing HR systems and processes to establish a robust and effective HR framework;
- Managing end-to-end, recruitment and selection processes; and
- Overseeing the management of the Worker Compensation claims.
What We Offer
Newcastle Grammar School is one of the most historically significant and prestigious schools in the Newcastle Region. Our fundamental belief that all students can achieve success at school, drives our pursuit of excellence. In this role, we offer:
- Considerable investment in staff development and training;
- Wonderful students and supportive parents;
- Discounted school fees;
- Leadership opportunities and career progression; and
- Access to practical staff wellbeing activities and financial advice through our partnerships with external organisations – for example, counselling, salary sacrificing and novated car leases.
To be considered for this role, you should have the following qualifications & attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR Management or similar (essential);
- At least five years of experience in a similar HR role;
- Privacy Officer Certification;
- Return to work experience and/or Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment would be an advantage; and
- Ability to:
- work efficiently and collaboratively with the Executive staff to achieve common goals;
- work well autonomously without close supervision or direction;
- effectively lead and motivate others; and
- successfully manage conflict and facilitate the resolution process effectively.
- Display integrity, loyalty and commitment to maintaining the utmost confidentiality and meeting privacy requirements;
- Align with the School’s vision, values and mission statement; and
- Hold a valid Working with Children’s Check.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. You are encouraged to apply promptly as applications close once a suitable recruit is obtained.
To apply for this position please visit the link below access the Application for Employment Form: https://www.ngs.nsw.edu.au/contact/employment
For a confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact Director of Strategy and Performance, Philip Fielden on (02) 4929 5811.
Newcastle Grammar School is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff, students and school community. As such, all staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide Vaccination Evidence as a condition of employment.
- NSW - Newcastle
- Work Type:
- Full Time
People and Culture
Return to Work/Injury Management