We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
Due to a temporary internal secondment, there is an immediate opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join our HR Central Team. You will be responsible for providing professional Human Resource Management (HRM) expert advice, coaching, support and resolution of intermediate to complex HR cases to deliver a consistent, customer focused, operational and tactical HR service to leaders.
This is a 6 months Fixed Term Contract with an end date of 18thMay 2018.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide expert advice, support, education and coaching to leaders on Human Resource Management (HRM), promoting best practice and compliance with relevant HR Policies, Enterprise Agreements and Legislation with a high emphasis on quality and timely customer service
- Maintain a strong customer focus with key stakeholders, influencing and engaging with the business to implement effective HR practices with their people
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of emerging trends and developments relating to HRM, Industrial Relations and workplace issues, providing consistent advice and recommendations to leaders
- Maintain accurate case management records and ensure the accurate and timely capture of data into relevant systems including Remedy, TRIM and SAP
- Provide support and coaching to HR Officers and on ad hoc HR projects to support the overall business function
- Contribute ideas and recommendations toward continuous improvement initiatives
- Meet and exceed key performance indicators set by Service Level Agreements
- High level communication skills – Written and Verbal
- Flexible and commercially astute
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail and maintenance of up to date records
- Facilitations skills (one on one and large groups)
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful applicant to undertake a Pre-Employment Health Assessment (Standard Drug and Alcohol).
Salary is $87,920 + 10.5% Superannuation + Free Rail Travel.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply to position number 65106 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9am Thursday 14th September 2017.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity callTali Blood on (07) 3072 1309.