Safety Advisor- Bentley - [Archived Advertisement]
Bega Cheese (View other jobs from this organisation)
Safety Advisor- Bentley
The Bega Story
Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and iconic food and beverage brands. Whether it's VEGEMITE on toast, a Big M on the go or a Zooper Dooper on a hot day - you've probably grown up enjoying the iconic products we proudly manufacture every day at Bega. Being recently named in the Top 10 Strongest Australian Brands of 2022, our vision is to become The Great Australian Food Company!
Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with an annual turnover in excess of $2 billion and approximately 4,000 employees, is made possible by our dedicated workforce who live and breathe our values every day. We have a strong regional focus and proudly support the communities where we work, live and play. At Bega, we are proud of our heritage and will continue to build great opportunities to encourage our people to develop and thrive. Come and be a part of our success story as we continue to build The Great Australian Food Company!
Our Bentley site located in Perth manufactures and distributes a range of milk and milk-based products, made with fresh milk sourced direct from over 30 farms in the Albany, Harvey and Northcliffe regions of south-western WA.
We are currently seeking a Safety Advisor, who will play an integral role in improving safety performance at the site by positively influencing site safety practices and behaviours on a strategic and operational level. The role will provide on-going advice, guidance, coaching, mentoring and support to the site leadership and management team, employees, and other site personnel to achieve the safety strategies and ensure compliance with legislation and Bega safety requirements.
- Partners, supports, coaches and mentors the site leadership team and line managers to achieve the safety strategies, ensure legislative compliance and drive safety performance improvements aligned with Bega safety requirements
- Champions safety leadership and safety culture by upholding appropriate safety standards in the workplace in line with Bega values and safety principles and leading edge behavioural/leadership safety programs
- Support and coach leaders to understand compliance with legislation and Bega requirements and also improve risk perception
- Works closely with line managers to ensure thorough risk assessments are performed and critical risk registers are maintained with critical controls implemented
- Provide an independent view of safety performance and conformance to the Bega group safety team, seeking support and resource as needed
- Interpret group safety standards and management policies, and support the site with translating these into safe work practices and procedures in line with best practices to ensure integrity, reliability, and effectiveness.
- Monitor trends in site safety performance and advise on improvements that are required to improve performance by reducing risk and taking action
- Participate in forums with the wider Bega group safety network of safety professionals, seeking advice and sharing best practice as required
- High level of internal customer service as a support function
- Experienced in consulting with cross-functional groups
- Strong ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to build credibility and trust through effective communication skills, with all levels in a site and group support functions
- In-depth practical knowledge of Australian occupational (work) health and safety management systems, standards and legislation
- Passionate about safety and working with people, where safety is a personal principle
- Hold the belief that all incidents and workplace injuries can be prevented
- Diploma or Degree in Safety desirable
Life at Bega
Company culture and our values are very important to us. From flexible working arrangements and regular social catch ups, we're committed to fostering a supportive and agile work environment for our team.
- Join a dedicated, forward-thinking and innovative culture
- Grow with us, through opportunities for career development and progression
- Contribute by giving back to your community through charities we partner with
- Access to mental and physical health programs through our wellbeing portal and programs
- Enjoy excellent employee benefits, including flexible working, purchased leave options and salary continuance insurance
At Bega, diversity and inclusion is a business priority, we want everyone to be themselves regardless of their background, religion, sexual orientation, age or gender so we can truly reflect the customers and communities that we serve. No matter how you identify, we encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for roles at Bega.
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
- WA - Bentley
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring
Safety and Wellbeing