Senior Manager WHS – Prawn Operations - [Archived Advertisement]
Tassal Operations Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Manager WHS – Prawn Operations
We believe in playing our part – as an Australian leader in aquaculture and leading seafood brand – to ensure a prosperous, healthy planet for future generations. Every day, we proudly play our role in the global production of responsibly farmed salmon and prawns that enables us to make a valuable contribution to feeding Australians and the world.
With over 35 years’ experience, we are industry leaders, innovators, safe and diligent producers and first and foremost, we are responsible farmers who prioritise our people, their safety and their communities. Tassal has a long history of supporting local organisations and is committed to supporting groups that foster and enhance the engagement and connectivity of the communities where they operate.
We love the seafood, but we really love people. They are our heartbeat. Our communities form our heartland.
About the job
We are currently looking for a full-time Safety Senior Manger to join our fast-paced team. Based in Proserpine, you will be directly leading the Safety program for Tassals Mainland Operations, which includes Tassals TropiCo and DeCosti brands.
This position will oversee various projects and programs as required. This includes involvement in our safety leadership program, involvement in capital allocation and budgeting discussions, and being a champion for worker wellbeing.
- Safety Policy & Procedure management
- Workers Compensation management
- Technical support to broader WHS team and business
- Compliance & Safety Risk Management systems
- Manage and lead a team of WHS Coordinators based at different locations in QLD and NSW.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Thorough understanding of WHS legislation, CoP’s & relevant AS/NZS
- Thorough understanding of state-based workers compensation legislation
- Formal qualification in either WHS/OHS, Psychology, Human or Health sciences or Human resources.
- Conduct and review incident investigations and provide updates and recommendations to the business.
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders to promote a safety first environment.
- Able to clearly communicate with a diverse workforce using written and verbale communication.
- Demonstrates an ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Provides effective leadership in projects, people and budget to achieve results.
- Ability to travel regularly to out sites in Queensland and New South Whales.
- Rights to work in Australia; and
- Successfully pass pre-employment medical and drug test.
Benefits for you
- Senior Manager Bonus reward!
- Birthday Leave - let us celebrate you!
- Genuine pathways for growth & career development - keen & willing to put in? – just ask
- Wear your jeans to work – slap them on with a big smile
- Work with passionate & awesome people who believe in what they do
- Work with some of the latest technology and be part of the blue ag tech evolution
- Foster personal connections across our teams & businesses – there are 1700 of us and counting!
- Participate in local engagements that help our communities
- Be part of our annual Employee Awards – everyone has a say in who they believe deserves to be recognised
- PLUS! Discounted seafood, private health insurance and annual flu shots (if you want)
Today Tassal is valued as a world leader in Blue AgTech, sustainably feeding Australia and the world. It’s our people that have made this happen. As an Employer of Choice we strive for excellence across the business. To learn more about our business, people and products visit www.tassalgroup.com.au or head to our community social media pages.
If this is a story that you want to be a part of - apply today!
For more information please contact Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday 9am 12 April 2023
- Closing Date:
- 12 Apr 2023
- QLD - Proserpine
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Safety and Wellbeing