- Full time permanent role with monthly RDO
- $96,699K + Super (Band 7)
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
The newly structured communications unit is responsible for effectively communicating and engaging with the diverse community and stakeholders of Moreland in relation to Council services, projects, activities, achievements and values, through various channels. A key part of this is managing Council’s reputation through strategic communications, issues management, and maintaining and enhancing Council’s identity.
Working as part of a team, you will lead the delivery of high standard communications and publishing to improve the council experience and build community capacity.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage the Experience and Publishing Team, ensuring each team member has the skills and knowledge to contribute to develop engaging on-line content to enhance the communities understanding and experience of Council.
- Provide advice to staff across Council regarding brand management, content management and publishing standards.
- Investigate new ways to create, use, distribute and implement digital marketing and online communications and marketing.
- Lead the delivery of high-quality Council publications and marketing collateral by providing design and publishing advice and approvals
- Drive targeted marketing and promotions across the Moreland community.
- Maintain and review all corporate publication policies, processes and standards for Council’s communication channels, including online presence and print materials.
- Coordinate website projects improvements including design and functionality enhancements.
- Coordinate eServices website operations, including testing websites, products, upgrades and new functionalities.
- Ensure all publications comply with legislative requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, marketing or related discipline
- Experience in leading a small team of professionally qualified staff
- Ability to work across the organisation, communicating effectively with staff at all levels and buildig their capacity to identify communication opportunities
- Ability to write web content in HTML
- Experience in enhancing an organisation's reputation through managing and improving a broad range of dynamic and engaging channels
What we can offer:
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Jessamy Nicholas on 9240 2431
Applications close: Sunday 30th June, 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse