- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $73K - $83K + Super
- Full time position / Fortnightly RDO
- Ref No: 18111
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Governance and Council Business Officer supports the Council decision-making process as a key player the process to produce critical meeting documents and records. The role also supports our compliance with key legislation and corporate obligations and provides advice to staff writing reports to Council. Reporting to the Team Leader Governance, this role will suit someone who is organised, has great communication skills and who has the desire to provide quality support for the governance processes of our organisation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO
- Coordinate, prepare, and distribute Council and statutory Committee meeting agendas and minutes
- Administer processes to ensure Council decisions are implemented
- As the administrator, maintain and improve the Council Agenda Management system and train new users
- Maintain a suite of data to facilitate transparency and follow up actions including: Council decision indexes, Councillor attendance and the policy register
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Degree or diploma in administration, business or a related discipline with relevant experience in a similar environment or lesser formal qualification with extensive experience
- High level of proficiency with IT applications
- Experience with an Agenda Management application - knowledge of InfoCouncil would be highly regarded
- Effective communication skills and an ability to engage with community members and all levels of staff
- Proven ability to problem solve
- Ability to manage time and set priorities to achieve and set objectives
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Sally Curran on 9240 2454.
Applications close: 8 December 2019
Please note all applicants must apply online and address the key selection criteria. Late applications will not be accepted.
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.