The City of Darebin is a vibrant municipality just north of Melbournes CBD. No matter where youre from, youll feel at home in this cosmopolitan community where different lifestyles, aspirations and talents are welcomed. 160,000 residents speak 138 different languages, embrace 37 different faiths and celebrate their citys rich cultural diversity. As a progressive leader in Local Government, the City of Darebin has set an inspiring vision to ensure quality of life for current and future generations in response to the climate emergency, increasing inequality and unprecedented growth - hence their vision of a sustainable, vibrant and community-oriented City.
Our People and Culture Department drive value for both our customers and the business by working closely with key internal stakeholders and other divisional teams to drive operational excellence and deliver extraordinary results through ownership and considered execution. We are a highly collaborative team who thrive working in an agile and fast-paced environment underpinned by strong values and a customer centric approach.
Reporting to the People Practices lead, this newly created position will drive the development and implementation of Council’s talent acquisition strategy and the design of targeted and contemporary approaches to source potential candidates. The role plays an integral role in shaping and promoting Council’s employer brand and Employee Value Proposition. Partnering with business unit leads and hiring managers directly, or through the People and Culture Business Partners, the Talent Acquisition Specialist provides full-life cycle strategic sourcing and recruitment services in support of Council delivering on its strategy and purpose. The position leads the proactive sourcing of quality talent and best practice, innovative approaches to candidate assessment, while strategically guiding candidates through the Darebin recruitment experience to secure and retain the right talent to Council.More specifically the Talent Acquisition Specialist will:
- Develop and implement a talent acquisition strategy to identify high-quality and diverse talent for current and future needs
- Develop and actively engage Darebin’s employer brand and Employee Value Proposition in support of attracting and retaining prospective candidates delivering on the employer promise
- Drive the strategic sourcing of talent, enabling Darebin to successfully attract, appoint and retain the highest-quality candidates to our positions with dedicated focus on diversity and inclusion considerations
- Attract and source candidates through a variety of channels, including research and candidate mapping, online job boards, LinkedIn, social media sourcing and campaigns, referrals and targeted partnerships
- Partner business unit leads and hiring managers in the end-to-end Darebin candidate assessment process, including screening, interview, reference checks and other assessment facilitation and feedback to ensure the right talent is appointed to Council
- Deliver elements of Council’s Community Employment strategy working to improve outcomes for job seekers at risk of or experiencing long term unemployment in Darebin with a focus on employment pathways.
To be considered for this position you will have significant experience in undertaking all facets of recruitment in diverse and client focused organisation (including both volume and specialised roles). The ideal candidate will have proven expertise developing strategy, policy, practice, tools and resources related to talent acquisition/ strategic sourcing and recruitment, including employer brand combined with experience driving a culture of candidate care management. Key to the position is a proven capacity to work effectively with leaders to achieve strategic goals through best practice candidate attraction and assessment. Experience working across a complex and diverse organisation with demonstrated success delivering effective outcomes with consideration to diversity and inclusion will see you be successful in this role.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume (max 5 pages) and one page statement addressing the selection criteria and what you would bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 9am Monday 30 November
. Questions and enquiries on the position can also be directed to this email address. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on Friday 4 December. The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough 'Safety Screening' processes apply.