Who is QAL?
Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa Airports. We strive to be recognised as a leader in airport operations, fostering growth within our communities. Our vision is to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences.
About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager Operations and Service Delivery, we are seeking an experienced Work Health and Safety (WHS) Advisor to join the team at Gold Coast Airport. This contract will commence early November 2019 and will be full time (38 hours per week) to June 2020 at which point the role will reduce to part time (job share), four days per week (30.4 hours) until April 2021. This is a maternity leave contract.
The WHS Advisor role is pivotal to the work health and safety operations at Gold Coast Airport and is responsible for working with team members to provide a safe working environment and ensure compliance with the WHS legislation and Gold Coast Airport Safety Management System (SMS).
Key deliverables / responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the management team to develop and maintain WHS processes
- Build capability to ensure WHS risks are identified, assessed, controlled and safe work instructions are developed
- Provide ongoing technical advice and guidance that is consistent with legislation and the SMS
- Provision of monthly reporting as required by management
- Conduct Incident investigations to root cause as required
- Co-ordinate WHS representatives and Committee meetings
- Conduct WHS related learning and development including but not limited to WHS induction
Skills, Experience and knowledge to perform the role
- Relevant qualifications in Work Health and Safety (min Cert IV)
- Min 5 years’ experience in a safety role
- Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE) is desirable
- Passionate, enthusiastic and motivated to work in fast paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable to work independently or as part of a team to deliver a commitment to a safety culture
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders both internal and external
- Ability to interpret and apply government legislation
What QAL offers:
Recently awarded Great Place to Work accreditation, this is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. A remuneration and benefits package is available commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
If you are interested in this role and would like to explore in more detail the key responsibilities, please obtain the role description at www.qldairports.com.au. To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter using the link provided.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing, and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity.