People and Culture Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Queensland Airports Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
People & Culture Manager
Who is QAL?
Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers, terminal upgrades underway - there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to?
An exciting opportunity has recently become available for a passionate HR leader to join the People and Culture Team. A permanent, full time role, the People and Culture Manager role reports directly to the General Manager, People and Culture and is responsible for building strong relationships with the business to ensure the end to end delivery of QAL’s strategic people plan.
In this position, you'll be joining Anita as a team mate. Anita joined QAL in 2022 as a People and Culture Manager, and shares her unique experience working with QAL:
“I love working for QAL because of the great people and positive, professional environment. The overall company culture is friendly and inclusive, that loves to celebrate and really values workplace flexibility.??
Our People and Culture team are high performing and fast paced, with a focus on consistently delivering leading practice solutions. We have fostered a collaborative learning environment which offers me a great space to share my P&C experience and business partnering, supported by a structured, consistent company approach”
How will you make an impact?
If you share our passion for delivering superb business results through the development and growth of people, we would love to hear from you.
A true generalist role, you will make a positive contribution to QAL by supporting leaders in providing people and culture (P&C) business partnering advice across the entire Talent Lifecycle. You will have demonstrated success in implementing key P&C projects to support and enable QAL strategic pillars.
Due to the geographic spread of Airports in Queensland, you will be required to undertake planned travel to provide business partner support to our Regional airports.
Key Deliverables/responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Coach leaders to raise people capability and provide contemporary advice and guidance on P&C related matters such as legal obligations, talent acquisition, remuneration, and performance development.
- Lead, influence and support the execution of each stage of the Talent lifecycle such as talent management and succession planning, contemporary talent acquisition, engagement surveys, mentoring and leadership development programs.
- Proactively and seamlessly deliver the operational requirements of the P&C function ensuring a business partner focus is taken on all aspects of the advisory and transactional services.
- Pro-actively lead direct reports to ensure a highly engaged and motivated team, empowered to deliver to team and Company objectives.
- Deliver and execute key P & C projects, which contribute to QAL’s Strategic people plan.
- Oversee the Company Learning Management System (LMS), accurate reporting and work closely with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to update Learning Modules.
- Deliver QAL’s Educational partnerships framework, including working with key stakeholders to proactively identify short- and long-term partnership opportunities.
- Actively participate in Diversity and Inclusion, employee led committees “Glidepath” providing advice and support in setting and achieving targets.
What you will bring to the role;
- Demonstrated experience in a HR generalist leadership role including the areas of Industrial relations, Talent Acquisition and people leadership.
- Proven ability to partner with business leaders to value add through strengthening ability to manage others for peak performance.
- Experience and success in building effective relationships and delivery of outcomes to become a trusted and credible advisor.
- Professional qualifications in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organisational Development, Change Management or Behavioural Sciences (Or professional experience to gain this capability)
- Analytical and critical thinking
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description here or if you are applying through seek, please copy this location into your browser: https://qal.elmotalent.com.au/careers/QALcareers/jobs
- QLD - Gold Coast
- Work Type:
- Full Time
People and Culture
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition