About the business
Scitech is a world-renowned, award winning, not-for-profit organisation staffed with people who are committed and passionate about fulfilling our mission to increase awareness, interest, capability and participation by all Western Australians in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Our ‘New Scitech’ strategy is our new vision for enabling a brighter STEM-enabled future for all Western Australians. This plan sets out how Scitech will transform to become more digitally focused in the way we deliver STEM education and awareness, and how we will showcase the latest STEM technologies and advances from across Australia and the globe.
About the role
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced WH&S Advisor to join our People & Culture team on a permanent, part-time basis. As our WH&S Advisor, you will be responsible for coordinating the provision of WH&S consultancy and support services and ensuring the implementation of strategies and plans consistent with industry best practice and legislative requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing comprehensive advisory and consultancy service to all levels of the organisation on WH&S responsibilities and compliance with legislation, regulations, codes of practice and policy;
- Undertaking and facilitating audits and investigations to identify and develop control strategies for risks and hazards;
- Informing and developing the WH&S strategy including the development and maintenance for Scitech’s WH&S system, the WH&S management plan, and providing relevant advice to related strategies and frameworks including the Risk Management Framework; and
- Coordinating injury prevention and management, including WH&S workplace assessments and coordination of Return to Work plans.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualifications in WH&S or a similar;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar advisory position;
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of WH&S programs and strategies;
- Proven experience in implementing effective risk management actions; and
- Strong understanding of WH&S legislation.
Please click “Apply” and upload a copy of your CV and a brief covering letter outlining your suitability for the position. Please address to Lynne Alldred, Manager, People & Culture.
If you would like additional information regarding the position, including to request a copy of the position description, please contact People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scitech may close this role once sufficient applications have been received.