City of Darwin is a major employer in Darwin employing approximately 350 employees. It operates from the Civic Centre in Harry Chan Avenue, four public libraries and service depots in the northern suburbs and in Bishop Street. Our organisational values are customer service, accountability, respect, excellence and solidarity (CARES) and these values are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing high standard of executive and administrative support across a Department.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide a high standard or assistance in all matters relevant to the day to day administration functions.
- Maintain effective records/documentation management including security over confidential information storage and records management systems.
- Proven ability to use initiative, effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities, in a busy working environment while maintaining high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Substantial experience (5+ years) in providing administration support at the executive level.
- Demonstrated high standards of communication, ethics and confidentiality including knowledge of protocol and etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, including the ability to make independent decisions about work priorities and routine enquiries.
- Demonstrated excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of meetings.
Applications close 5pm Monday 18 February 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources and Safety on 08 8930 0647.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer