Injury Management Specialist -open to all locations
Woolworths Group (View other jobs from this organisation)
Injury Management Specialist
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
- Join a supportive and collaborative team during a period of growth
- Excellent flexible work options - an opportunity to grow within the group
- Full Time Opportunity - exciting new role - Open to all locations
We are Woolworths Group
We are Woolworths Group. 200,000+ bright minds, passionate hearts and unique perspectives connected by a shared Purpose – ‘to create better experiences together for a better tomorrow.’ It’s that Purpose that fuels our ambition to explore new ideas, make brave commitments and innovate better ways to meet the food and everyday needs of more than 24 million customers every week.
If you’re excited to turn today’s blue sky thinking into a better tomorrow for future generations, you’ll find yourself supported and enriched in a dynamic, inclusive and empowering workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve. With a culture of genuine care, a flexible approach to work and opportunities across the group to grow your career and make a meaningful impact, the possibilities for what we can achieve together are endless.
Welcome to the People Team
Better experiences for our Team Members are the key to unlocking a better future for our customers and communities. Our People Team is responsible for powering the trajectory of our business and the wellbeing of our people – through the design and delivery of a seamless and enriching Team Member experience. One that strengthens the foundations of our organisation by empowering passionate Team Members to become purpose-led Woolworths Group advocates and attracting a new generation of talent to the group.
Woolworths Group is growing our established injury management and workers’ compensation team, and we are excited to have a number of permanent opportunities available to fuel this growth as we dial up our focus on team experience and outcomes. We are seeking InjuryCare Partners in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, and offer work options that enable both flexibility and meaningful connection for our team.
Each Injury Care Partner holds and manages a return to work caseload/portfolio that will include early intervention cases (where no claim is made) and cases where a workers’ compensation claim has been made. Working in partnership with the Team Member’s Line Leader, our TPA and healthcare providers, the Injury Care Partner is responsible for leading return to work and rehabilitation strategies, with great care, to support Team Members to recover.
What you'll do:
- Managing a RTW portfolio (Early Intervention and Workers Compensation claims) to ensure we continue to meet legislative and self-insurance injury management obligations and coordination of audits on return to work files
- Communicating with and engaging injured team members, providing a source of support and direction on claims and ensuring they are receiving the right care
- Interacting with relevant stakeholders including Team Member, Line Leader, TPA and healthcare providers to drive strategies to ensure early engagement in treatment, claims management, return to work, redeployment and claim closure with our TPA
- Engaging with operational teams to provide training and mentoring in managing return to work and relevant legislative compliance
- Maintaining active engagement with relevant treating parties to assist team members and operational teams in achieving recovery outcomes and overcoming barriers
- Maintaining regular engagement and develop strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders including; Third Party Administrator, Early Intervention Providers, Rehabilitation Providers, Treating Health Professionals, etc.
- Preparing and communicating analysis on claims portfolios, reporting on themes and trends
What you'll bring
- Demonstrated compassion and understanding
- Highly organised and motivated, able to prioritise work, spot risks and focus
- Capacity to manage complex legal/insurance/liability issues while focusing on Team Member experience
- Excellent working knowledge of the legislation and regulations for each jurisdiction (or with a particular focus on your “home” jurisdiction)and experience managing a wide variety of claims - have a “strategic toolkit” they can draw on to progress claims and support leaders
- Ideally 5 years experience in the field of workers’ compensation and injury management, specifically in claims management end-to-end, and ideally with some exposure to self-insurance - this is not necessary but highly regarded
- Allied health qualifications and experience are required in this space to set yourself up for success
What you’ll experience
- The opportunity to grow within the group
- Strong mentorship and development; opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Hybrid or fully remote working arrangements depending on your home location
- Unparalleled growth opportunities
- Get your Woolies worth through team member benefits across all of our brands
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Return to Work/Injury Management
Safety and Wellbeing