About the Autism Association of WA
The Autism Association of Western Australia is a large, dynamic organisation and a leader nationally and internationally in the provision of specialist services to children and adults with Autism. For more information visit our website: www.autism.org.au
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and confident Permanent Full-Time Health and Safety Advisor to assist the Health and Safety Manager to identify key risk areas, review and recommend work practice changes.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support to managers, coordinators and team leaders to meet legislative requirements and best practice in relation to Occupational Safety and Health (OSH), workers’ compensation and injury management.
- In consultation with stakeholders identify, review and recommend work practices to eliminate or minimise occupational health and safety risks.
- Conduct high level accident/incident investigations.
- Assist with accident/incident recording in the electronic database, and formulate regular reporting to relevant managers.
- Facilitate regular audits and inspections for compliance.
- Complete risk assessments on equipment and manual handling tasks.
- Act as a resource for occupational health and safety concerns.
- Deliver OSH training and reviewing training needs analysis.
- Ability to review, revise and develop OSH policy and procedures.
- Relevant qualification in Occupational Safety and Health.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar roles.
- Knowledge of key legislative requirements in areas of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Knowledge of Worker’s Compensation and Injury Management legislative (desirable).
- Proficient in incident investigation, health and safety auditing and risk assessments.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in delivering OSH training to all levels of staff.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Proactive positive ‘can do’ approach in all undertakings.
- An opportunity to work in a great team dedicated to the Mission of the organisation.
- An attractive salary (to be discussed at interview).
- Access to salary packaging, novated leasing and other employee benefits.
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please provide statements addressing the Key Requirements above. For a confidential discussion on the position, please contact Glenda McMurtrie on 9489 8900.
Closing date for all applications is Wednesday 17th April 2019; however we do reserve the right to commence with the recruitment process prior to the stated closing date.