HR Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (View other jobs from this organisation)
Looking for a career move where you can make a difference?
EWON is the industry-based Ombudsman scheme which provides all NSW energy and some water customers with independent, free, informal dispute resolution services. We work towards achieving fair and reasonable complaint outcomes for all parties, provide leading customer service and influence energy and water public policy. We are not a consumer advocate, nor do we represent industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced HR Officer to join our People & Culture team.
The HR Officer is responsible as the first point of contact for all P&C general enquiries. The role supports the P&C team with the delivery of generalist and recruitment activities, projects and assist in the lifecycle of employee management. Together with the Senior HR Advisor, you will also support the Manager, People and Culture to deliver on strategic initiatives to improve EWON’s employee experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a close-knit team who are passionate about creating a healthy and meaningful work environment where employees feel valued. In this diverse and dynamic role, you will be able to apply and develop skills in a wide range of HR portfolios.
The HR Officer is an integral role at EWON and a fantastic opportunity where the results of your hard work will be noticed.
- Manage the HR Connect email inbox and respond to general HR inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate resolution of employee concerns and questions.
- Provide timely HR policy advice and guidance by interpreting legislations and awards, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Conduct basic training on HR systems and processes for staff.
- Actively support the design, review, and development of HR policies, processes, and procedures.
- Assist in EWON’s contribution cycle, including Annual Achievement & Development Plans, Mid Cycle Review, and Annual Review, ensuring a smooth and effective performance management process.
- Coordinate contracts, contract variations, and employee correspondence, maintaining clear and transparent communication throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Oversee parental leave processes, including leave dates and return-to-work management.
- Coordinate all aspects of staff exits, including final pay, property return, and exit surveys/interviews, ensuring a positive and organised exit experience for departing employees.
Essential skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you need the below skills and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources or related field
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in using HR Information System, including data entry and reporting.
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- The ability to work autonomously and also as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to liaise with people at all levels.
What we can offer you
- Access to a wide range of flexible working options including working from home and a flexible time-off program so you can maintain a healthy work life balance.
- Additional leave benefits including birthday leave and above minimum sick and carer’s leave.
- Attractive salary packaging provisions to get more out of your take home pay.
- Ongoing professional development and career growth.
- An exciting wellbeing program with extensive offerings (flu vaccinations, massages, healthy breakfast and much more!).
Interested but need more information?
To find out more about working at EWON and to view the position description, visit our website: www.ewon.com.au.
Our People & Culture Team are also available to discuss this opportunity further on 02 8218 5271.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and become part of our dynamic team, then we'd love to hear from you.
Apply via the recruitment portal on our careers page with your resume and cover letter addressing why you would like to be part of our team and the top three Key Behavioural Capabilities (as per the linked position description) you think are important for this role and how you have displayed these capabilities in the past.
Applications close Wednesday, 5 December 2023.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EWON is an EEO employer.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
- Applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2023
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting & Generalist