We are seeking a WHS Advisor to join the team on a 12-month temporary assignment to work as a part of this seasoned safety team. This is a maternity leave cover with the 2nd largest state owned utility network in NSW.
The Job Opportunity
Reporting into the WHS Manager, you will lead the ISO45001 accreditation process. You will be responsible for developing and auditing the WHS Management Systems and ensuring they comply with the new accreditation. You will provide a high level of WHS expertise, supporting the business with complex WHS issues and driving WHS projects. You can utilise your exceptional relationship building skills to share your technical WHS knowledge across the business. In addition, your collaborative, inclusive and open approach to WHS will ensure you thrive in the role.
The Successful Candidate
- Tertiary qualification in WHS and at least 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role, across high risk industries such as utilities, engineering, or construction.
- Extensive knowledge and practical application of WHS standards across industries
- WHS Lead Auditor and Investigator Qualifications
- Proven analytical and problem solving ability with well-developed communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS legislation, Codes of Practice and standards and ability to provide valued advice and support to management and employees
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate
- Multi-disciplined business
- Newcastle CBD location
- Outstanding working environment and culture
- 12 month temp assignment
- Lead the ISO45001 accrediation
If you are passionate about safety, with a flair for building relationships and extensive WHS knowledge regarding ISO accreditations, APPLY NOW via the link. If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Clements 02 4978 7780.