Customer Compliance Support Officer
- Hobart Location
- Australian Federal Government
- Monday - Friday - Long term contract
Chandler Macleod are proud to be partnering with the Australian Federal Government for an upcoming, long term, casual recruitment project. As such, we are currently looking for experienced customer service professionals to join our growing team in roles that are due to commence in October 2019.
The core purpose of the Compliance Customer Support Officers is to assist customers with general phone-based queries and aid in the assessment and review of customer data from a range of sources, ensuring that evidence is accurate, and records are updated accordingly. Some aspects of the role will include discussing debts accumulated by recipients of the department relating to government funding.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting customers to access, navigate or interpret the departments’ compliance policies and processes
- Solve complex problems and initiate positive outcomes for the customer
- Keep up to date with legislation and policies
- Maintenance of customer information in the internal database
- Uphold customer confidentiality at all times
The sensitive and sometimes complex nature of the customer queries requires individuals that are able to demonstrate a strong level of empathy, resilience, problem solving and possess the ability to work within a highly process driven environment.
We are looking for individuals with the following experience:
- Excellent customer service and administration skills
- Previous experience in a government department would be advantageous, yet not essential
- Proven capability to resolve customer issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency utilising multiple computer systems
You must be an Australian citizen and willing to undergo an entry level background check. You will be expected to work full-time hours, Monday to Friday and will be rewarded with an hourly rate of $31.31 plus super.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within the government space and strong performance in the role is sure to be recognised and rewarded. We are commencing our recruitment process immediately and would encourage you to apply today.
Chandler Macleod is an equal opportunity employer as part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Due to the amount of applications please do not call the office, we will contact you should you be shortlisted.