APS5 Workforce Procurement Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Chandler Macleod (View other jobs from this organisation)
APS5 Workforce Procurement Officer
About the Organization:
This leading Federal government agency supports Australian’s in achieving their goals and helps them to live a better life. Their work has an impact on a significant area in the social sector, and you can contribute to the difference that they make in this role. This agency is known for having a great culture across different teams and have excellent office location in Geelong.
About the Team:
The Procurement and Corporate Services Branch support the Agency business areas by providing corporate, procurement and property services. The Procurement team is responsible for partnering with business areas to procure goods and services for the Agency. They focus on applying the Commonwealth Procurement Rules, and the policy to ensure value for money outcomes.
About the role:
The APS5 Workforce Procurement is a team membership position and is accountable for organising their workflow and making independent decisions relating to an area of responsibility. The position will be required to provide policy advice within an area of specialisation with advice based on policies and legislation.
The position will have a considerable level of contact with internal and external stakeholders and will be required to communicate with and provide advice on a range of matters to resolve moderately complex to complex enquiries.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Providing level administrative support to the Procurement team, managing confidential and sensitive information.
- Providing procurement advice and support to the broader Agency.
- Delivering support and advice in relation to compliance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs) and Guidelines, Agency Procurement Policy and procedures.
- Assisting with tracking value for money-based outcomes and preparing reports against KPIs.
- Preparing a range of procurement related documentation.
- Drafting correspondence and reports, including emails and letters.
- Entering, extracting and manipulating data to enable accurate Agency reporting.
- Contributing to team and branch planning activities including identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Experience working in a similar role under Australian rules and regulations.
- Intermediate understanding of the MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience managing high volume requests and ability to multitask.
- Ability to remain composed in a changing, fast paced environment.
- Previous experience using HR and/or Finance business systems.
- Understanding of procurement or recruitment processes.
- Understanding or lived experience of disability.
- Current Police Check, o ability to obtain one.
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work within and across teams, the ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritise and allocate tasks in an efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
How to apply:
Chandler Macleod is an equal opportunity employer as part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, disability and culturally and linguistics candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Mandatory: Australian Citizenship required to work within Federal Government.
Please click ‘APPLY” to upload your details and resume to be considered for this role.
Applications close 15.00 PM AEST, 23rd January 2024
- VIC - Geelong
- $55.24 AUD - $55.24 AUD Hourly
- Work Type: