Customer Service Officer - Parkes Visitor Discovery Centre (Part-time) - [Archived Advertisement]
Customer Service Officer - Parkes Visitor Discovery Centre (Part-time)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, in the areas where we live and work across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our?vision towards reconciliation.
- Join our vibrant Visitor Centre team and support one of Australia’s iconic national facilities
- Interact with a wide variety of Australian & international visitors
- Help promote the amazing discoveries of CSIRO’s Parkes Radio Telescope - ‘The Dish’
CSIRO Space & Astronomy (S&A) is Australia’s premier radio astronomy research organisation and the largest organisation of its kind in the southern hemisphere. The Visitor Discovery Centre is the public face of CSIRO’s Parkes Radio Telescope; providing a stimulating, entertaining and informative environment for the public and school students to learn about Australia’s role in radio astronomy and deep space exploration.
As a Customer Service Officer at the Parkes Visitor Discovery Centre, you’ll play an important public facing role. Interacting with visitors and students, sharing knowledge and facilitating exploration of the centre, you will be an integral member of our close-knit, dedicated team. You will undertake a variety of tasks as you maintain the day-to-day operations of the Visitor Centre and souvenir shop, and have the opportunity to represent CSIRO to its 110,000 plus visitors per year.
S&A is committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace culture and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and equity within our workplace. The position is available on a part-time basis of four days per week, and a job-share arrangement may be considered if circumstances permit. We also support flexible working arrangements however, due to the Visitor Centre operating 7 days per week, the successful candidate can expect to work either Saturday or Sunday each week.
Your duties will include:
- Retail – operating the register, handling money/credit cards, maintaining stock levels, delivering stock and entering products into the POS system.
- Ensuring the Visitor Centre is ready to receive visitors each day.
- Responding to requests for services, keeping clients informed on progress and redirecting to appropriate staff as required.
- Announcing theatre shows and communicating services and activities to the public.
- Assisting booked groups and communicating the work and history of the Parkes radio telescope, S&A and CSIRO.
- Undertaking a range of administrative tasks, frequently under specific instruction.
- Providing basic instruction and assistance to staff on policy and procedures relevant to the Visitor Centre.
- Look for opportunities to generate improved solutions in work situations, trying creative ways to deal with routine problems and opportunities, and exercising initiative when applying established procedures.
Location: Parkes, NSW
Salary: AU$66k - AU$84k pa (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite - Part-time 4 days/week (incl. one weekend day)
To be considered you will need:
- Experience in customer service, preferably within an information centre or retail environment.
- High Level interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a cohesive team.
- A current Class ‘C’ driver’s licence.
- Availability to work on weekends and during school holiday periods.
For full details about this role please view the Position Details
- Applications are open to Australian or New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents, currently residing in Australia.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Tuesday 30 November, 2021 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Nov 2021
- NSW - Parkes
- AU$66k - AU$84k pa (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Part Time