Senior Communication Advisor
Senior Communication Advisor
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Amplify the impact of CSIRO’s Environment Business Unit
- An indefinite position, in a flexible and supportive environment
- Join team CSIRO and make the impossible possible!
From ridges to reefs and from microbes to megafauna, CSIRO’s environmental research aims to deliver solutions that support the resilient and sustainable management of our natural resources fundamental to Australia's development and prosperity.
We have an opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Communication Advisor to support CSIRO’s Environment Business Unit. Your role will see you drive the communication strategy of our largest science impact business unit and build and protect the CSIRO brand.
You’ll draw on your broad experience across the marketing communications mix to develop engaging campaigns that deliver impact and strategically position the Environment Business Unit with key audiences. You possess experience in delivering campaign activities, building strong organisational networks and contributing to a positive change in organisational culture.
Bring your communication expertise to an organisation solving Australia’s greatest challenges through science and technology and apply now!
Your duties will include:
- Partnering with the Environment Business Unit to develop communication and engagement strategies for key pieces of work that align to the Unit’s business and science strategy.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with communicators, other functions, and relevant stakeholders (including partnered BUs) to deliver effective service and fulfil communication goals.
- Leading small project teams to deliver creative and engaging campaigns, influencing and negotiating with stakeholders to deliver impact.
- Providing a flexible, adaptive and responsive approach to delivering planned tactics and activities across the business unit, and wider CSIRO.
- Delivering effective communication and stakeholder engagement outcomes using sound judgement and applying contemporary skills.
- Monitoring the external environment to identify opportunities, managing risks and ensuring rapid communication of issues and assisting in issues management.
- Contributing to the implementation of the CSIRO Corporate Affairs Strategy including tracking and monitoring key metrics to assess success.
- Other duties as directed.
Salary: AU$105k - AU$114k per-annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time.
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience in communications – public relations, marketing, digital, media or journalism.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communication and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Demonstrated experience managing communication and stakeholder engagement campaigns encompassing:
- strategic planning and implementation, problem solving and effective team management
- producing creative communication strategies delivered through multiple channels
- liaising with media outlets including pitching stories, preparing talent, and managing interviews
- creating engaging digital content and collateral
- working with brand managers to meet organisational and partner requirements
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and quality
- Ability to operate well in an often complex, ambiguous and fast-moving environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in the environment, climate change, biodiversity, water management or marine science domains.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5th February 2023, 11:00pm AEDT.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2023
- AU$105k - AU$114k per-annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation