Senior Human Resources Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Human Resources Advisor
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Provide HR support for CSIRO’s Canberra Deep Space Communications Complex!
- Join a supportive, high performing team in a flexible/hybrid working environment
- Make a difference & support People functions to enable high impact outcomes
As the Senior Human Resources Advisor, you will play a significant role within the People Partnering function. You will provide proactive, timely and consistent support to help ensure the CSIRO People team delivers against its organisational strategy and goals.
You will contribute to People projects and initiatives that enhance and transform the effectiveness of People service delivery to the world class Canberra Deep Space Communications Complex (CDSCC),
This position is an important connection between CDSCC and CSIRO during the implementation of a modernised service delivery model for CSIRO People, creating greater integration of CDSCC support into the People operating model. This role can be performed flexibly, for example, accommodating 2 days per week at the Tidbinbilla site, 1 day in the office at Black Mountain and 2 days from home.
Your duties will include:
- Under general direction provide advice in relation to CDSCC people related policies, procedures, benefits and entitlements across two Enterprise Agreements.
- Identify clients’ needs and provide People solutions to support delivery of team objectives.
- Upskill, coach and influence senior staff to provide effective management of employees and facilitate the transition to the new service delivery model.
- Navigate ambiguity and support leaders and staff in adapting to change and play a key role in translating CDSCC processes into CSIRO systems.
- Communicate with our staff regarding People services, policies, processes, and programmes.
- Receive, respond to and triage complex queries, to ensure matters are resolved or referred for resolution.
Location: CSIRO Black Mountain Site. Travel to Tidbinbilla Site via fleet vehicle will be required at a minimum of two days per week
Salary: AU$105,806 – AU$114,500 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term up to 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, or other relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistent, accurate and considered generalist HR advise to staff and managers on a range of complex People matters empowering them to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability and track record of coaching, upskilling and influencing leaders.
- High level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all customers and follow up with customers when required clearly and effectively.
- Proven ability to use technology platforms and to assist others to adopt them.
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake human resource projects and implement related initiatives, including the ability to initiate and respond effectively to change.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Ability to travel to the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex at Tidbinbilla, ACT, minimum two days per week.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
1 February 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 01 Feb 2023
- ACT - Black Mountain
- AU$105,806 – AU$114,500 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Coaching and Mentoring
Consulting & Generalist
People and Culture